+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My family and friends have been really awesome - I like when they show an interest in the process and want to know what's happening. But only when I want to offer the information, if that makes sense? I don't want them to ask because I might be feeling like sh*t and not feel like talking about it. Which thankfully they totally get!

Nebiskus - I had that one too "I know someone who did it multiple times and still hasn't gotten pregnant"

My fave was from my 82 year old Nana (I still don't know why I even told her) who was clearly just trying to make conversation about something that is completely foreign to her and said to me "So....with all of these injections...is the aim to get pregnant?" Bahahaha! Ummm, kinda is Nana....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Poor Nana's probably thinking how amazing science is, that you can just have an injection and be pregnant these days!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Mantha77  (02-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gee there are some good ones.
    Can I just say GPs don't really know about these issues I feel for the ladies who have had comments from medical practitioners who should know better.

Well I have heard just about all of these but I did want to add mine
    1) my good friend has 3 children, and I love her to bits but when I do FETs she says things like so once it's put back it's just like everyone else TTC. Well uuummm yes except I have been doing this for many years not just 2months i don't get to just have s3x and wait been there done that i jab myself, use pessaries, many BTs, many scans and any other medical intervention also put up with everyone's advice that doesn't work for me.
    I usually just agree its just easier
    2) my SIL works at a a research department as a vet nurse who AI the animals and some stuff similar to IVF and she at first was constantly giving advice and her opinions and acted like it is a walk in the park. Well it's not a walk it's slower and hurts more
    3)hearing people's advice who don't know your doing IVF. I was with a group of gossiping ladies who had there opinions on IVF because they heard a couple in town had started the IVF journey. This lady is super fit and the gossips don't look after them selves so the advice for her is to stop exercising relax don't stress. I was pi$$3d I held my tongue. They were also saying some horrible things I had to walk away before i blurted out "what do you know about IVF and her situation are you all now qualified FS" some people are just nasty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I have another one not really aimed at me
    My friend just had twins not through IVF. And some one says are they natural. My friend replays well what is natural? They then replied you know did you do IVF? Her response was well no we don't do IVF but you do know having sex isn't the only natural way to fall pregnant for some people IVF is natural for them.
    I just wanted to HIGH FIVE her. I just thought what a great response :-)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loveabug For This Useful Post:

littlesunflowers  (26-06-2012),MARTTC  (25-06-2012),peoniesarepretty  (25-06-2012),rae81  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a great thread which has provided me with much needed laughs.
    When i told work friends we were about to start IVF, I had one say "just get dogs, they're much better anyway" yes i love dogs but already have two thanks.

The other one i laugh at is the warning about getting too many babies. A friend told me about his aunt that only wanted 1 baby, did IVF and got twins, then accidently fell pregnant naturally with triplets. So after only wanting one, ended up with 5. Really not going to be our issue but thanks for the warning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everytime I see my cousin she has to say “any news yet“ um hello gee we have been trying for 7 years now for a baby dont you think I would scream it out loud if I did manage to get pregnant and got.past 12 weeks but.when I say no we.are not pregnant other day she said oh thats bad luck you will have good luck soon yep cause ivf has not worked yet but luck will ah why didnt I think of that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 years my MIL says the same thing but adds I really thought it would happen the last time and i have a really good feeling this time or every 2WW do you have any feeling do you think its working. Well yes we were hoping, yes we feel really good now and no I don't feel any different grrrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today in the staff room I got asked 'How does your hubby cope?' When I asked 'What do you mean?' The reply was 'You know not doing it anymore (having sex)because your doing IVF instead to have a baby'.....

and also

'It's so unatural, we had IVF with our first son and he goes to a special school because of it'.......What the!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wish View Post
    Today in the staff room I got asked 'How does your hubby cope?' When I asked 'What do you mean?' The reply was 'You know not doing it anymore (having sex)because your doing IVF instead to have a baby'.....

and also

'It's so unatural, we had IVF with our first son and he goes to a special school because of it'.......What the!!!!
    Omg!!!!! Seriously some ppl dont think huh!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a new one.....
    Ivf? Do you have any idea how expensive kids are??
    Well yes I do actually I havent even got one yet and they have already cost me over $15k....
    Usually shuts that comment down!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

Disney Baby  (04-08-2012),jessesgirl  (27-06-2012),MARTTC  (26-06-2012)