+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdsd View Post
    We haven't started our first cycle yet, but my aunty says to me after I explain that DH sperm count is way too low and so we need IVF, oh if I wasn't going thru menopause I'd be ur surrogate.. I was like.. Did u hear what I said!! It's DH sperm, I have no problem with carrying a pregnancy as far as we know!! People definitely don't think before they speak!!!
    My cousin, eldest child of that aunty, says after explaining that I have to have all these needles etc, what for thought there was nothing wrong with u Seriously think we should be given an IVF explanation DVD for family and friends before we all start!!
    Totally agree!
    I've often thought about this...
    Is there a writer of publisher in here? Pretty sure there's an old friend on my facebook... I've often wondered about contacting her and seeing if she would be interested in putting a small book together, with stories from different peoples situations and there emotions if the hugs and lows, the feeling Aline, feeling like no one understands them..... Etc just so we can give to friends and get them to try and understand how hard this journey can really be on us, our r/ships, friendships, work & how other peoples stupid comments & have a lasting effect....
    Does anything think I should contact her & see if she is interested? I know she's pretty busy but it might be something she would be keen on... Ivf is far wider than what people really think, no to mention a harder journey than just... "oh you can't have babies naturally, ivf is your answer - easy'"

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    And there could be a section with all the comments people say (like on this thread)
    Might help people learn to keep their mouth shut!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 6 years trying View Post
    Well she didnt have much to say just smiled and walked away i cant believe i said its not like me i would just smile myself and say yeah but iam just getting sick of it iam glad my husband is back from working away now he is the only one that gets how i feel
    Like you, only my hubby sees how this really affects me!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    And there could be a section with all the comments people say (like on this thread)
    Might help people learn to keep their mouth shut!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    Yes yes what a good idea. I have often thought about writing a book myself but I'm not a writer and don't have the time lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me either! But have often wondered how I could... Plus my stories alone is not enough )
    I'll contact her on fb, not even sure the form of writing she does.., I'll come back to you girls x

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw something previously on this forum that somebody provided, which was a guide for families & friends to read to help them understand. The counsellor at their clinic gave it to them, I believe.

No idea what thread it might be in though - sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well u would think there was something out there already.. We couldn't possibly be the first ones to think of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    Totally agree!
    I've often thought about this...
    Is there a writer of publisher in here? Pretty sure there's an old friend on my facebook... I've often wondered about contacting her and seeing if she would be interested in putting a small book together, with stories from different peoples situations and there emotions if the hugs and lows, the feeling Aline, feeling like no one understands them..... Etc just so we can give to friends and get them to try and understand how hard this journey can really be on us, our r/ships, friendships, work & how other peoples stupid comments & have a lasting effect....
    Does anything think I should contact her & see if she is interested? I know she's pretty busy but it might be something she would be keen on... Ivf is far wider than what people really think, no to mention a harder journey than just... "oh you can't have babies naturally, ivf is your answer - easy'"

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    I know it's a bit different but I am actually in the process of writing a book called "From Fear to Maternity - The real IVF journey". I would like it to be a collection of stories from women, and men if I can get them, and their IVF journeys but with as much focus on the emotional aspects as the medical aspects. I'm writing it because I found that there wasn't really anything out there that was practical for IVFers, you know with home fertility remedies and support areas, (like BH) etc. I think the name sums it up well, not sure about you guys but I was scared SH*tless when I found out we had to go through IVF.
    If anyone would like to contribute PM me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

Mantha77  (02-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Great thread idea!

These are some sites I've come across which should perhaps be mandatory viewing for friends and family who are prone to foot in mouth syndrome!

http://www.tearsandhope.com/emptyarms_video.html

http://www.sharedjourney.com/shared_...ends_____.html

Wish
    xx

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (25-05-2012),Rutabaga  (24-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I copied all of the tools that my counsellor gave us at our nurses appointment to the below thread for anyone that it helps. I wish that i had had it to give to family before telling them all of the details but time will tell. Perfect for anyone that is unsure of exactly what to say to others in a similar position too
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...mily-about-IVF