+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omg how good is this thread!

The best comment we have had is......
    just relax and it will happen naturally...... We are a same sex couple, which this person knew!

Now we have had our first, now we have been told the second will be easier cos the first paved the way???? Wtf???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katiana View Post
    Omg how good is this thread!

The best comment we have had is......
    just relax and it will happen naturally...... We are a same sex couple, which this person knew!

Now we have had our first, now we have been told the second will be easier cos the first paved the way???? Wtf???
    Lololol some people have no idea!! I think they just say something, anything that comes to mind.

Another funny story of our ignorant family was the day of our first IUI BIL and his wife told us (5mins after we told them what we were doing that day) that they were 8 wks preg. They still don't get it that any day other than that day would have been better!

Or here's a thought wait till u are 12 weeks to tell us!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been through IVF but still had a few doozy's from people when diagnosed with secondary infertility..

My mum told me that I needed to forget about it and relax and it'd be ok.. Even after I'd told her that I don't ovulate and that I'd been told by the FS that I was clinically infertile as I don't ovulate without meds :-0

Another from mummy dearest when ttc#2 - well you've had one, you're just rushing things.. It'll happen once you stop trying.. Uh no, it won't :-(

This was when i stupidly complained after 6 months of diarrhea, nausea and cramping from metformin and clomid..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate the "dont worry it will happen" i got that today from a girl at work who i dont like i turned around and said oh yeah will it u tell me when it will when i have been trying for 7 years and lost 6 babies been trying ivf that many times but hey you know everything how do you know that it will it might never happen its fine for her she has two kids and she is younger than me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 6 years trying View Post
    I hate the "dont worry it will happen" i got that today from a girl at work who i dont like i turned around and said oh yeah will it u tell me when it will when i have been trying for 7 years and lost 6 babies been trying ivf that many times but hey you know everything how do you know that it will it might never happen its fine for her she has two kids and she is younger than me
    How did she respond?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm interested like Elly...
    Good on you! I'm so sick if all that crap

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh, I love this thread!

We've only just started down the IVF route but have had four losses over the past 10 months. My mum, who I do love and who usually tries hard, has nonetheless just been the BEST for insensitive comments:

"Well obviously there was something wrong with it, you wouldn't want a baby with an abnormality would you" (after first AND second miscarriages)

"Maybe best you wait a while, the baby should be really wanted" (a week ago before this latest loss. WTF - we have been trying 9 months and had 3 mc, you don't do that for sh!ts and giggles...!)

I love the "relax and it'll happen" comments as well. Funnily, DH and I decided to take a break from TTC after our loss earlier this year. Funnily enough, we fell pregnant straight away and guess what? We miscarried AGAIN! So much for your awesome theory, assmonkeys. Geez.

Edited to add: my best girlfriend had the BEST response when I told her that we'd had yet another loss and we were going for IVF, over SMS just this morning:

"WTF? How is that fair?! Mother nature is an @rsehole. Yay for IVF goodies."

I liked that a lot.
    Last edited by tiggerfields; 23-05-2012 at 22:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Assmonkeys haha!!

Yep I had the one about abnormalities...
    Also one about "your body just wasn't ready this time"...
    Also "it must be more of a financial loss rather than an emotional one"

Argh! If only it was allowed to punch people in the face sometimes... Lol

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    We haven't started our first cycle yet, but my aunty says to me after I explain that DH sperm count is way too low and so we need IVF, oh if I wasn't going thru menopause I'd be ur surrogate.. I was like.. Did u hear what I said!! It's DH sperm, I have no problem with carrying a pregnancy as far as we know!! People definitely don't think before they speak!!!
    My cousin, eldest child of that aunty, says after explaining that I have to have all these needles etc, what for thought there was nothing wrong with u Seriously think we should be given an IVF explanation DVD for family and friends before we all start!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well she didnt have much to say just smiled and walked away i cant believe i said its not like me i would just smile myself and say yeah but iam just getting sick of it iam glad my husband is back from working away now he is the only one that gets how i feel