+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Body moisturizer

What do you use?
    I usually use cocoa butter but DF keeps complaining that I smell like chocolate (thought that would be a good thing, he is a chocoholic).
    I also usually use moo goo, but a few weeks ago I was in the car with DF and he said he could smell vomit, then questioned me as to if the girls had vomited in the car lately etc etc. I narrowed it down to my arm, it smelt like vomit, and it was coz of the moo goo I had put on that morning

So, what do you use? I need something that lasts too, not just soaks in and then my skin is dry again.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The more you use the more your skin needs it in saying that, I do worse- J&J body wash...can't remember what scent it's the honey colored container. I just use Renkin sorbolene on my hands and face after a shower.

P.S I have never noticed you smelling like vomit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I use the Vaseline pump mositerisor in the yellow container

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we have just started using supple skin oil by l'occitane it is expensive but so very worth it. I use it on DD1 for her eczema and it works really really well and doesn't leave you feeling oily and it smells nice

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Coconut oil. It's getting to a point where I should just shower in the stuff, I use it for everything

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Coconut oil. It's getting to a point where I should just shower in the stuff, I use it for everything

DD and I just discovered not to go near the cats after putting coconut oil on...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i've been using sesame oil, but it soaks in too quickly might have to try coconut oil instead

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Almond oil mixed with Sorbolene cream.
    Last edited by zombiekitty; 20-05-2012 at 14:20.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nivea. I've used it ever since I can remember. I have very dry skin and if I skip a day of moisturising, my skin flakes I'm that arid!
    The Nivea in the light blue bottle, "Irresistibly Smooth" is the one I use, it absorbs beautifully, doesn't leave me feeling sticky and leaves no shine on my face either. I use it once a day after showering, head to toe.
    During pregnancy, I also use Bio Oil (but that's for the stretchmarks, I don't use it for my dry skin alone, although it does help.)
    I also have a big collection of body butters, I like the nice scented ones especially in summer, like Cranberry Joy from the body shop.
    I don't like the smell of coco butter on my skin, either. I love eating chocolate, not smelling like it! I prefer soft soapy or fruity frangrances on my skin.
    I don't know what I'd do without my Nivea! And it's cheap, around 6-7 dollars for 400mls.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 20-05-2012 at 16:18.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just remembered, OP if you still like the cocoa butter you can get 'scentless' cocoa butter. It still smells but not as strong.