+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default is my DH having second thoughts?

vvv
    Last edited by button2012; 05-06-2012 at 20:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No I dont think it's strange, he's probably just scared. I'd sit down and talk to him about how important this is to you.
    Best of luck xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

button2012  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm he sounds very much like my DH. Dh gets very stressed when TTC, and I have to be very careful to not make him feel 'used', or that I only 'want him' because he is going to donate sperm lol. In fact, when we were ttc number 2 he actually couldn't finish the deed a few times at O time as he was so anxious about doing a good job for me.
    I don't think your hubby is having second thoughts about a baby, but he is possibly starting to feel the pressure already. Have you been talking about it a lot? Going into any details about how you need to DTD every second day or every day around O time? Some guys hate that pressure.
    If it were me (and this is me currently as we have decided to TTC number 6) I would only talk about the TTC stuff when DH wanted to and not keep him too informed about when the time is right etc. Go ahead and do OPKs etc if you want to but I wouldn't be showing DH or telling him when you have to do it. Temping is hard, I actually stopped temping as it was a daily reminder to DH, and to him it showed I was 'obsessing' about TTC .
    As far as the frequency of DTD, I would respect his decision to only DTD as often as you are now, at least for a couple of months. you could try to increase the frequency slightly but I would be doing OPKs and making sure your infrequent DTD are at the right time. Once he sees that you aren't going to pressure him to do it all the time he should start to relax a little.

Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

button2012  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have to say, sex has become fairly routine, unromantic and a chore at time, since we have started ttc! I think ur DH might just be feeling the pressure somewhat. I would try and take a relaxed approache. It's meant to be fun I was a mega stress head for the first 6 months and that's when I started to not enjoy it and it lost all of its excitement. Since 'chilling out about it' everything has got so much better. I don't know if this has helped at all, sorry if not

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

button2012  (20-05-2012)