+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just tell them to shut up for 5 minutes and turn the tv up.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (21-05-2012),Bellaxo  (21-05-2012),Hunkamunka  (20-05-2012),SassyMummy  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get my quiet time in the toilet with my ipad with 'a stomach bug' hahaha .... Gives me a good 10 minutes without being bothered Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CupidsVictim For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (21-05-2012),SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just tell your DH that you would like to watch the segment . Turning up the telly is a bit subtle and its easily missed if the other person is focused on asking you something (I also find it a bit rude when Hubby does it to me, I'd rather he just say "Hang on a min, I want to see/hear this bit" then have him be cranky at me for not getting the hint).

As for your DD, can you pick her up and rock her for a minute while you watch your show? It might settle her for the few mins you need to finish up the segment (if that does not work maybe ask DH to take her for a minute or two).

Worse comes to worse and you miss it, maybe google the station later and see if they have it on their website

Thanks
    Reviews
    We watch the news with dinner do keeping quiet is not that hard, could that be an option
    Maybe tell DH if he stays quiet he will see about the football on the news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I watch the late news or wait for someone to post a link.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    "Listen DD, I know you want to talk to me, but you're going on and on and it's driving me mental and if you don't leave me alone for a bit, I'm probably going to get really angry and yell at you... so why don't you go play in your room for a bit, so I can calm down?"

That's generally how it goes here. If I reach snapping point first it just goes, "PLEASE CAN YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE FOR A BIT?! THANKS!"

lol.

If she wasn't old enough to understand, I'd simply send her to another room with something I know would keep her occupied... a DVD, my phone, a lollipop... lol...

Mostly, I just zoned out and ignored her and made a few grunts here and there when she was a toddler nagging for my attention.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I put my boob in DDs mouth, and tell DH "hang on!"
    works a charm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can u get a tv in your bedroom or another room, lock the door, and make sure DH is looking after your child?? That's what I would do.???