+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really loved Holle Goat (they also have a cows milk one) it's from the health food shop.
    It's organic, no GMO products,gluten free ect.
    Thee is also Bellamys (sp?) from wollies which is Organic and Australian. (cows milk based)

NAN HA seemed to suit my daughter better for a while, she ended up having a CMP allergy so we ended up needed prescription formula..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post

Will look into the goat formula - had never heard of it. How do you think the transition from formula to normal milk went though?

I've never put DS on cows milk as a formula replacement ( 18 months he still has 200ml goat formula a day) but have given him smoothies with A2 milk no problem , or he has goats milk , quinoa or almond milk on cereal or as a smoothie , same with yogurt and cheese, we have mainly goat cheese and yogurt but the occasional cows milk
    Cheese or jalna yogurt he has no problem with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    Thanks everyone!
    Nazgul - were you using karicare goat formula?

Will look into the goat formula - had never heard of it. How do you think the transition from formula to normal milk went though?

I really really wish I could keep giving my own ebm but am only expressing about 100mls per day - CHN suggested I needes to supplement 125mls per day of either ebm or formula.
    100ml per day is quite a lot! Is that on top of all her normal feeds? May be worth getting a second opinion and some suggestions from the ABA if you would prefer to keep breastfeeding. 1800 686 268 or email counselling is available on the website www.breastfeeding.asn.au under 'contact'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I recommend Karicare Goat, a lot easier to digest than cows milk based formula
    This ^ expensive though, about $35 a tin but if comp feeding then it maybe a good option. Goats milk is much better then cows for human consumption. My almost 2 year old dd is still on goats milk only.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS went on soy to help with colic and reflux it helped heaps. I can't for the life of me remember what dd had I remember the tin tho it was green with a giraffe and she was happy with that. I started changing them of formula at 12 months. But making a little less formula and te rest cows milk and then making the formula less and less in the bottle till it was cows milk. We had no constipation doing it that way. It took a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I'll suggest donor ebm, human milk for human babies in your state would be a good place to look/ask they are on Facebook
    Is donor ebm a new brand of formula? I haven't heard of it before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyLoaf View Post
    It's not formula, it's literally milk donated from other lactating mothers. It's a great option for mothers unable to produce any or enough milk for their own babies.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyLoaf View Post
    It means donor expressed breast milk.

Op - look up HM4HB (human milk for human babies) on Facebook. There is a global network, then a more localised one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought so. I figured since it was in the bottle feeding section and the op was asking about formula then it must be a new kind.

Id love to post 'buy some formula' on a 'please help me increase my supply' postin a breast feeding thread. Lol.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (20-05-2012),Purple Lily  (20-05-2012),ShanandBoc  (20-05-2012),tatia&shura  (20-05-2012),The Time Has Come  (20-05-2012),Wise Enough  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    id suggest that you choose a formula thats readily available.

choosing which one is hard as different bubbas like and react differently.
    perhaps trial a couple of the ones that have sample sized packs first before spending the $$ on a full tin.
    S26, nan and i think karicare have sample ones in woolies