+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleIsleSMum View Post
    I'm another shoe person, I've now got a sign near the door "life is full of choices, remove your shoes or scrub the floor!" lol

And put the bloody toilet seat down! Although I've trained most of DPs friends to do this now as I'm a little vocal about it and will call them on it haha

But my biggest peeve is when people give their children snacks & food and let them walk around my house eating it! We don't eat on our lounge or in our rooms so your children can't!
    Please tell me where you bought this sign from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Where to start?

People that turn up 8 hours after you give birth, knowing it was a traumatic birth, requiring surgery afterwards, and not even friends or family, but neighbours! And one of them I can't stand! And with not even a text warning! WTF?

People that walk dog poop into the carpet, not once but twice! Can you not smell it? I can! Check your shoes for gods sake! Or better still take them off!

People that don't want to take their shoes off when you ask, and that constantly make snide little comments about "having" to take off their shoes. No your "jokes" about what an anal stick-in-the-mud aren't funny!

People that complain because we don't want them to bring their dog into our home. I'm allergic and they know it. Why turn up with your dog, then look all pained and awkward when I say it can sit on the front door mat. Then "accidentally" let it go so it runs into my house.

People that don't control their dog (that they bring to my house uninvited) and let it lunge at my baby (who is shorter than their dog and clearly terrified - yes, THAT'S why he's screaming!)

People who make heaps of noise despite being asked to be quiet for half an hour while one of us puts the baby to bed. Talk quietly or get the f out of our house! And don't slam the baby gates!

People that turn up to visit you and your newborn with a case of beer, plus wine and champagne, then don't leave for hours. Clearly you are expecting a party but actually we have a newborn to look after day and night, so no, I don't want to get drunk with you!

People who come over when you have a newborn baby (and are clearly exhausted and not that keen to entertain) then stay for ages, then you literally never see them again - and the kid is 4yo now!

People who have "food fights" at your house. We had an Easter party. There was a large bowl of Easter eggs on the table. A couple of our "friends" (ex-friends) decided to play cricket in our backyard, and used the eggs as balls! There was chocolate ALL OVER the yard, which of course ended up in our carpet. It's food people. Have some respect!

There's more but I better stop :/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lulululu For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate people who clean bits of my house for me i m sorry my house isn't the cleanest or organized but i have it this way so i know where things are.
    Like the other day we had a friend over we had a couple of things on the bathroom bench so this friend decided to clean it for us it was fine argh.

and i agree with a pp ppl who don't either sit down and relax or sit down but look like they are on edge sorry i haven't got around to cleaning the lounge room yet but it's mid afternoon and my ds is still in the process of trashing our house .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Confusedmum12 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    When they push the animals away and make remarks about how clean my house is "you'd think, with all of the dirty animals, that it would be disgusting and smelly"

My animals are nicer than your manners, thank you very much.

My brother, gosh I love him, but he hates any dog over knee height, so my four Giants are not appreciated. We sit down on the couch and all of the dogs huddle on their beds, tails going a million miles an hour, straining forward with anticipation, and constantly looking between me and him, begging me to say the release word.
    He won't even look at them, he hates them that much.

My grandpa doesn't even visit after a sugar glider launched at his face from the perch over the doorway.

Everyone who visits feels the need to voice their opinions about my animals and I hate it! They're not bothering you, sit down and enjoy your coffee or I'll let the emu in, then we'll have a real problem.

Of course I shut everything away when the visitor has fears or allergies, but things like hopping on the couch and saying "Eww no, put it outside, it's so revolting looking and dirty!" makes me mad. It's a dog, not a dumptruck.
    Yep it really ****es me off when people carry on about my dogs.. We have 2 toy poodles that are inside when ever we are home ... They sleep in bed with hubby and I ... They were her first, it's there house not yours .... U don't like it there's the door..... We live in a fairly new estate on a acerage ... There are new house going up all around us and earth works been done on new blocks ... What really ****s me is ppl coming over and complaining because the floor is a little dusty ... Deal with it I can't have a broom in my hand all freakin day...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All of those you mention...but I also do not like visitors so simply visiting annoys me

I do not mind visiting if asked(I feel guilty to decline when they really want me too) but I like my home to be mine only.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is people bringing there dog into my house....yep not just over and into the backyard but actually letting it run around inside my house.... My dogs are In the yard???? I would never let my dog into some ones house and they no I don't like the dog!! It's not a one off thing either it's all the time!!! I'm 30 weeks pregnant its hard enough to keep the floors clean not only to clean them twice as much because of the dog I feel bad but I have a new born comming I don't want him around a dog when his so little and I no they will keep brining it around how do I nicely say "get the dog outta my f+%*%*ing house?"

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just can't stand it when people don't take the time to notice how we have things in our house and try to leave them as they are!

Example - the door was open/closed, so leave it that way! The toilet lid was down, no it didn't fall down of it's own accord, so leave it that way! You've rearranged our living room for playing a board game, so please don't walk off leaving it like this!

I'm pretty slack with vacuuming so having people take their shoes off would be a big help, but we have a really narrow entry way and a history of (our) shoes being stolen off the front porch so it's not really going to happen. But definitely no shoes on the couch or coffee table! It's for FOOD people!

Sometimes we'll have 6-8 people over for dinner and not one person would offer to clean up! On the occasion that one of us would ask, they would complain so much! Err, so you just want to eat all our food and not offer anything in return?

DH is a lot more tolerant than me, but I do most of the cleaning, grr. I don't offer glasses if beer has arrived in bottles. Sorry. Suck it up.

People who get annoyed because we don't have a tv, therefore they can't watch the football. Then telling us we're wrong for disliking football! Well, go home!

Also people who feel the need to pass judgement on our furniture or house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh yeah! Leaving the toilet door open, my kids will be fishing in there with there hands within seconds. It annoys me when I make a point of asking (and there are kiddy locks on the bathroom and toilet doors) that they close it when they're done.

I actually hate open toilet doors altogether. Anywhere, kids or no kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Where do I start.

Shoes off at the front door.

Dont put your phone, keys, bags on my expensive timber dining table

Leave it how you see it. My toilet doors are closed and the lids are down so when you leave everything up and the door open I'm not too impressed.

Respect my property. They are my biggies

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Jeepers, I'm wondering why many of you even invite people over...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (20-05-2012),Deserama  (22-05-2012),Eko  (20-05-2012),FindMyLunch  (20-05-2012),halloweendee  (21-05-2012),River Song  (20-05-2012),RobinSparkles  (20-05-2012),Sparker  (20-05-2012),trishalishous  (20-05-2012),Yep  (20-05-2012)