+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not fussy about much, we are renovating the house so when my friend's son drew on the wall I dont care cos we are going to paint it soon
    But what I dont like is people saying I'll call past on saturday (for example) and dont give an approximate time! I've got lots of things to do so I dont want to wait around home all day in case they call past! But if you say about 4 o'clock thats fine, I'll make sure Im home.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to soccer mum For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    I met DP I noticed the first few times that I went to his place that the lid was always down. I thought maybe he was just trying to be nice but then I asked him if he, too, was a dedicated toilet-lid-down person. To which he answered a fierce yes. That's when I knew he was the man for me! We have just moved into a new place and I'm seriously considering putting a little sign on the toilet asking people to please put the lid down. It grosses both of us out to no end.
    Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate when people turn up un announced and expect you to just have nibbles with tea/coffee etc ready and waiting there for them, especially when you had plans to go out. Then you feel rude just shunting them out the door cause they've made you late.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing bothers me when guests come to my home, I just want them to feel comfortable. If they are doing or their children are doing something I would prefer them not to, I just tell them

I do however hate when people drop in and my house is untidy, they don't care but I do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm fine with short term visits - I like my friends to make themselves at home because I am too lazy to wait on them

But I can't do anyone staying for more than 3 nights. I like my space and get crabby when people stay for longer and expect us to entertain them an take them places every day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Von Zipper For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm another shoe person, I've now got a sign near the door "life is full of choices, remove your shoes or scrub the floor!" lol

And put the bloody toilet seat down! Although I've trained most of DPs friends to do this now as I'm a little vocal about it and will call them on it haha

But my biggest peeve is when people give their children snacks & food and let them walk around my house eating it! We don't eat on our lounge or in our rooms so your children can't!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AppleIsleSMum For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (20-05-2012),SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just make kids sit down to eat at my place now if it's messy food. I have a table and 4 chairs for kids and it's a big table and I'll just put the food down and say 'kids, come and sit down and eat.'

The only thing that ever really annoyed me was a friend who told my 3 1/2 year old to go and put some clothes on because she shouldn't be walking around in her undies...she kept insisting on it and I told DD2 she didn't have to if she didn't want....we are no longer friends though

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not much bugs me really. I don't like kids sitting on the couch if they have shoes on, but wearing shoes in the house is Ok esp in winter as we have floorboards that can be a bit cold.

And it bugs me if someone comes over and stays to mealtime, you have to say 'excuse me i just need to get the lunch/dinner ready', and they still make no move to leave. then I feel obliged to offer to include them, and they say OK... i don't mind feeding you but geez you have been here three hours already and didn't you have any plans to feed your kids? Now i have to make 2 chicken breasts stretch to 7 people and i'm out of rice

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CrazyMoose View Post
    Not so much the hate of them coming over but........ I hate it if they just pop over without a phone call giving me even 10mins notice.

10mins is all I need to do a quick tidy up and put the dishes away or perhaps get out of my pj's
    Yes I had this a lot when Breastfeeding DD, I'd be in the middle of it and theres somebody at the door, just send a text a few mins before!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to soccer mum For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyLoaf View Post
    When my childless BFF comes over when dd is asleep at night and asks if she can wake her. Um NO!!! And then looks at me like I'm crazy.
    Argh that really ticks me off. People would constantly ask me this question when DS was a newborn baby. I remember we were at lunch and DS was taking a nap in one of the rooms and DH's grandma had the nerve to try go in there when nobody was looking to wake him up. Her reason? She wanted to show him off to her friends. Ummm, you and your friends are a bunch of grown ups so surely you can wait for a baby to finish taking his nap.
    DH saw her just as her hand touched the door knob and absolutely lost it. I'm sorry but sometimes she deserves it. She's too full on.