+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I flinch when people sit on my tables/benches.

It's always been such a big no-no where I'm from, to the point where we'd be whacked for doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had a 8mo baby and his 3yo brother dropped off at my kids party. The kid proceeded to spit on people, hit kids and abuse the adults, while his brother kept climbing on things and hurting himself. All my rage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I hate when people change their children's nappies on the dining table. This has happened to me twice for some reason, both different people.

Both times I have offered up an alternative change space (this was back when I owned a change table), but they said something along the lines of "oh it's okay, I'll just do it here!" Um, or you could not?!

I just had to reply to this... a friend changed her daughter's nappy on another friend's dining room table, and actually left a smidgen of poo on her table cloth. GROSSSSSSS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    People who put their handbag on my bench or dining table.

Do you have any idea how dirty the bottom of your handbag is?!
    So where exactly would I be expected to put my handbag if I ever came to your place? The floor where children can get into it? ***not having a go, just really curious- I've never heard this before***

My handbag lives on my bench/table. But then again so do shoes and other things that probably shouldn't lol

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

katezane  (22-05-2012),Mod-Myztik  (22-05-2012),twotrunks  (23-05-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I feel like this thread is in an alternate universe. I have never in my life met someone who worries about the germs on handbags. For really and truly?! But... If I walk in carrying my bag, those germs are on my hands. I might even use them to touch your children

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (22-05-2012),T 800  (22-05-2012),twotrunks  (23-05-2012)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    So where exactly would I be expected to put my handbag if I ever came to your place? The floor where children can get into it? ***not having a go, just really curious- I've never heard this before***
    I have a buffet that's handy for such things, or I will often offer to put handbags somewhere safe. Anywhere I'm not preparing or serving food really

ETA: Are other people seriously not aware of this? Here you go:
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/purse.asp
    Last edited by lambjam; 22-05-2012 at 19:17.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    I just had to reply to this... a friend changed her daughter's nappy on another friend's dining room table, and actually left a smidgen of poo on her table cloth. GROSSSSSSS.
    That is so gross

Thanks
    Reviews
    People that make kinda negative comments about your furniture. Did u come to see me or my furniture,,lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I flinch when people sit on my tables/benches.

It's always been such a big no-no where I'm from, to the point where we'd be whacked for doing it.
    You're Maori??? People wouldn't dare do half the stuff mentioned in this thread at my house, cause I would put them in their place. As an adult I still think about how my Nan would slap me if I even thought about washing my hands in the kitchen sink :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    People who come over and expect you to babysit their kids while they relax. One person in particular has a few times dropped his kid off with me in the lounge room and then gone outside to hang out with DH while i watch the kids. Now i wouldn't mind but i'm never actually asked, it is just assumed it is okay.
    I had a "friend" invite me to her house and then ditch me with her kids to do other stuff. I would wind up bathing her kids and getting them to bed while she drank wine and read magazines. I have trouble with saying "no".

Sent from my X10i using BubHub