+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katezane View Post
    I can not believe how many of you girls have visitors bringing their dogs over! We have 2 dogs and no way would I ever take them to someone's house how rude! But also I can not believe how concious I am going to be next time I go to a friends place.
    Lol, my uncles girlfriend brings their dog and their cat everywhere. Then complains about them crapping in the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had a particular set of friends who got a dog and hardly ever come over anymore because i don't let dogs in my house. It isn't even toilet trained. Gross. Im happy for it to be in the yard with MY dog, or even on my verandah if it's scared of my dog, but if i don't let my own dog in my house, why would i let someone elses?! I just say , ''sorry, no dogs inside''. And i don't feel bad or awkward about it. my house, my rules.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Lol, my uncles girlfriend brings their dog and their cat everywhere. Then complains about them crapping in the car.

hahaha, omg, i can imagine the smell in the car. yuckkkk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Do people actually do that? Gosh, I use the toilet when I'm visiting others because I need to go and I would never assume my visitors had a hidden desire to snoop in my bathroom. Lol!
    Same! I've never suspected anyone of doing that. And I've never done it myself either. If I ask to use it, it's because I need to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mumtochris, I absolutely think you are being paranoid. That is one of the strangest things I've heard.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (22-05-2012),katezane  (22-05-2012),twotrunks  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtochris View Post
    I just hate it when people use the toilet in general. Not because it's dirty (cos it's not ) and not because I care if they make it dirty but because I don't believe they actually need to go to the toilet. Paranoid much, well, yes, but there are some people who visit (not mentioning any names MIL) who just want to use the toilet as an excuse to sticky beak. Most people who use the toilet ask to do so because they know you wont say no, unlike other rooms, eg "Do you mind if I just go to your bedroom?", they know they can't ask that so they just stick with the toilet. Sure, there's not much to sticky beak, wow a toilet and basin, maybe they look in the cupboard or maybe they take a detour either to/from the toilet but I know most people who use the toilet don't actually need to go. Actually, I think my toilet does need a clean, I better go before I get any more visitors
    Really? This never occurred to me and i would think most people actually do need to go the toilet.
    My bladder isn't the best so i wee a lot, it's quite rare for me to visit and not use the toilet. Gee hope noone thinks i'm just snooping when i'm just weeing...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

katezane  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ha ha , I was waiting for it!! Yes, I told you I’m being paranoid but it’s really only my MIL that I believe is the culprit, I don’t mind when anyone else uses it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (22-05-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    lol yes i can kind of understand the toilet thing, I've known a couple of sneaky sticky beaks in my day

I don't like visitors who come for playdates or parties and treat it as some kind of personal parenting break where they can sit back and relax while the host breaks up fights/wipes up spills/serves refreshments and provides a counselling service for the visiting parent's current problems (and yes i do have a specific person in mind and yes i did feel somewhat vindicated when another mum said she was never having that particular family around to her house again lol)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally I have 1 thing that annoys me. When my mil pretends to be helpful and puts dirty dishes into a clean dishwasher. And when she snoops at the bills on the fridge. Absolute goose

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    - When people bring their kids that play in my kids room and make a huge mess, which I don't mind, but when they pick them up and see the room they should be asking the kids to help quickly clean up... and I'm not talking about a 2yo but a tween aged child.

- people helping themselves to your fridge I had a close friend that used to come over, open my fridge then pick bits off plates of food in there, both leftovers and that night's tea that had just gone in there.... and with her fingers