+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    Oh and I had a friend over the other day, I literally just got my new leather lounge an hour before she arrived and she knew this... she just through her keys on there!!!!

mummy to gods gift to us
    LOL!! Really?! Sorry, I'm not sure if you have children or not but if you have kids are they allowed on your lounge at all?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    LOL!! Really?! Sorry, I'm not sure if you have children or not but if you have kids are they allowed on your lounge at all?

Keep it nice. Leather couches aren't cheap. Keys on leather... Big no no. Personally, I hate it as well. It scratches and can cut through.
    Last edited by SugarSkull; 20-05-2012 at 19:05.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Areca  (20-05-2012),Gothel  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I recently bought an 8k leather lounge and have a 15 month old, she has her own playroom she can go to town in She simply climbs up to sit on it, it's my responsibility to make sure she isn't covered in crap or throwing sharp objects in it. But then again she's a toddler so its my job to watch her not a fully grown adult who should know better.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs P For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    All I ask is people respect my home and the contents ... we may not have the most expensive of items, my colour choices may not be what you consider practical, but it is our place and we've worked our arses off to achieve this and I don't appreciate when visitors and/or their children don't respect our stuff/rules.

No I don't allow running/jumping across my lounges, no I'm sorry you can't walk around eating, we've got a huge dining table and a breakfast bar with lots of chairs to sit at.

ETA: We have a cream leather lounge in the family room, I have three children (two under 5) and they know no feet/shoes on it but yet adults have visited, promptly sat down, while commenting how inappropriate my colour choice is and promptly put their feet on my lounge.
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 20-05-2012 at 19:20.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCherry View Post
    Keep it nice. Leather couches aren't cheap. Keys on leather... Big no no. Personally, I hate it as well. It scratches and can cut through.
    Yep. If someone threw their keys on my leather lounge I'd be pretty annoyed. Shoes/keys/anything that could cut it is not allowed on my lounge. Kids aren't allowed to draw or eat on it either. It wasn't the most expensive leather lounge but we don't want it ruined either and I'm pretty sure if it got cut by a friend throwing their keys on it they probably wouldn't want to fork out the money to replace it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I'd rather enjoy life a bit more and not stress about things. I'm super glad that none of my friends would get cranky and uptight about where my (clean, shoeless) feet are, where i put my handbag or my keys. They'd rather just have my company and be glad I feel at home. I have nice things too. But we live in our house and enjoy all our things without letting them dictate how we use the space. I even have a lovely leather couch that DS climbs on, eats on, drives his matchbox cars all over. I don't want to spend my life telling him no, it's just a couch.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (20-05-2012),Deserama  (22-05-2012),Elijahs Mum  (20-05-2012),heeeeerekittykitty  (20-05-2012),katezane  (22-05-2012),kezanazz  (20-05-2012),NancyBlackett  (20-05-2012),trishalishous  (20-05-2012),twotrunks  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL - this is why I would NEVER spend 8k on a couch. For as much as I'd like it if people respect my home etc, I'd hate to live in a house where I was have constant catniptions over people being to scared to breath much less live in my home.

My SSis's house looks like a display home, beautiful and no soul.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (22-05-2012),trishalishous  (20-05-2012),twotrunks  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I'd rather enjoy life a bit more and not stress about things. I'm super glad that none of my friends would get cranky and uptight about where my (clean, shoeless) feet are, where i put my handbag or my keys. They'd rather just have my company and be glad I feel at home. I have nice things too. But we live in our house and enjoy all our things without letting them dictate how we use the space. I even have a lovely leather couch that DS climbs on, eats on, drives his matchbox cars all over. I don't want to spend my life telling him no, it's just a couch.

I think it's pretty rude to assume that because people don't want their stuff damaged when they have friends over that they don't 'live' in their house or make their friends welcome.
    FTR I had a lovely couch that we let the kids do whatever on...not even 2 and a half years later and we needed to replace it. Waste of money and a waste of landfill so yes I am a bit fussy about my new leather lounge. They can still use it to make cubby houses with and they can lie all over it, put their feet on it (not shoes) etc. but I don't want to get a new lounge for Christmas in 2 years time again because my three kids destroyed the one we have now...that's not that hard to understand nor do I think that teaching kids to look after things is bad.
    Last edited by Areca; 20-05-2012 at 20:00.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

Mod-RaryGirl  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally wouldn't want to visit someone who was very protective of their things. It would make me uncomfortable and I wouldn't feel at home. I don't think it's rude to state that some people may feel uncomfortable in such a situation. *I* would not feel comfortable. I'm sure lots of other people wouldn't feel comfortable.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (22-05-2012),heeeeerekittykitty  (20-05-2012),mumof3monkeys  (20-05-2012),trishalishous  (20-05-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we are pretty informal, but I dont allow eating on the carpet.