+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Things you hate when people come over

What are some things you hate when people come over to your place?
    I hate people walking into my house with shoes on, people putting their shoes on my couch and people who don't wash their hands after using the toilet.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (19-05-2012),smootch  (20-05-2012),Witwicky  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a clean-freak male friend who always comments on some aspect of cleaning - dirty skirting boards, cobweb in ceiling corner, toilet roll hung the wrong way. Get a grip dude!!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCherry View Post
    What are some things you hate when people come over to your place?
    I hate people walking into my house with shoes on, people putting their shoes on my couch and people who don't wash their hands after using the toilet.
    All of these.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    no not really ..

what I hate is the idea of them coming in and seeing how 'unorganised' my house is .. its fairly clean - but it is messy by some people's standards ..

I'm more worried about what they will think of ME than what they will do in my house??

maybe I'm weird though?

Jen

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Veve For This Useful Post:

austmum  (19-05-2012),happykat  (20-05-2012),MissMuppet  (19-05-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    I have a clean-freak male friend who always comments on some aspect of cleaning - dirty skirting boards, cobweb in ceiling corner, toilet roll hung the wrong way. Get a grip dude!!
    OCD much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate people who just won't leave!! Like come over in the morning for a quick hello and come 5pm are still hanging around, even as I'm starting to get DD's bedtime routine started

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

SeymourTheBear  (20-05-2012),SugarSkull  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Just them coming over at all. lol. I seriously do not like people coming over. I feel awkward. At least when I go to theirs, I can leave if I want. I can't really get them to leave the instant I want them gone (which is pretty much the instant they walk through my front door).

I feel anxious the whole time they're around. I suffer anxiety anyway, usually in relation to how I think people are judging me... so I always worry they're judging my home... on top of my usual worries of them judging me, my looks, my personality, my parenting, etc etc.

ETA - okay but let's just say I could tolerate guests and wasn't a completely anti-social hermit... lol...

I don't like them leaving my toilet seat up, or going to the fridge without me offering them something (I seriously hate this) and giving themselves a tour of my house. There's a reason I didn't give you one - and that reason is because behind those closed doors is a messy bedroom!
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 19-05-2012 at 21:00.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A certain male who ALWAYS pees on my toilet floor. It got the point where I was actually forced to tell him to be more careful next time. Whenever he leaves, I have to inspect the toilet floor and give it spray with bleach.
    Also, people who put their cups down on my furniture without using a coaster drives me quietly mad. I'm not anal, but if it's a nice polished finish and I have provided coasters, use them!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    no not really ..

what I hate is the idea of them coming in and seeing how 'unorganised' my house is .. its fairly clean - but it is messy by some people's standards ..

I'm more worried about what they will think of ME than what they will do in my house??

maybe I'm weird though?

Jen
    This is exactly me! + I hate and get really uncomfortable when they don't make themselves comfortable .. Makes it really awkward for me :S
    Weird, I know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    Lol id be saying if it bothers you so much you can clean it / fix it ha ha
    I have a bit of anxiety too like sassy said and rarely have ppl over because I panic at what they are looking at, do they think I'm messy etc etc if on the rare occasion some one is here, it annoys me if they come for agreed coffee in morning but then expect lunch and sometimes dinner

Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub