+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    there is a big difference between someone having a rough day and needing to vent and someone constantly making woe is me status updates.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyspice For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (20-05-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The lack of empathy in this thread is amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJandBaby View Post
    It also depends on the personality types as well. I've made no secret of the fact I've had anxiety and depression for years on here, but this is BH and it's anonymous so I can vent and share without violating myself..
    I never once mentioned my anxiety or depression on FB ever. It's too personal a topic for me.
    Meee too..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    The lack of empathy in this thread is amazing.
    i have selective empathy.

im empathetic to legitimate issues, but i also have a good bull sh** detector.

if people regularily make "poor me" fb status updates then i just assume they are starved of attention.

as previous people have already said, you can usually tell the difference between a genuine "im having a sh*t week" post and a person who frequently writes statuses like "my life is over, where is the razor blade"

i have sympathy and empathy for people who express legitimate concerns and i offer advice, guidance and comfort.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babyspice For This Useful Post:

austmum  (21-05-2012),brooke88(mum2b09)  (20-05-2012),missybubble  (20-05-2012),ToughLove  (20-05-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdancer View Post
    i have selective empathy.

im empathetic to legitimate issues, but i also have a good bull sh** detector.

if people regularily make "poor me" fb status updates then i just assume they are starved of attention.

as previous people have already said, you can usually tell the difference between a genuine "im having a sh*t week" post and a person who frequently writes statuses like "my life is over, where is the razor blade"

i have sympathy and empathy for people who express legitimate concerns and i offer advice, guidance and comfort.
    Agree.

I don't bother responding to statuses that twice a day post "omg life is so hard I hate everything. Life sucks :'(" and then when you ask what's wrong it's just "oh nothing" or "can't be bothered going to work, I have a headache" as a response.

If my normally happy friend posts that she's feeling sad today, I comment or pm and ask what's wrong.

I don't fall all over myself to lather others with affection if they're just being overdramatic or complaining about how much life sucks because they spent all their money on the pub and now they can't afford to buy a new tv.

But I'm 100% there and ready to support and help if someone genuinely needs a hand.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

brooke88(mum2b09)  (20-05-2012)