+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It also depends on the personality types as well. I've made no secret of the fact I've had anxiety and depression for years on here, but this is BH and it's anonymous so I can vent and share without violating myself..
    I never once mentioned my anxiety or depression on FB ever. It's too personal a topic for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Now I feel like running off to fb just to start a negative post just for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I was on fb yeah I had a few of them. And yeah it'd annoy the hell out of me....BUT I also believe that it's their choice to post whatever they want and it's our choice whether we want to take it on board or not.

I hate to hear people go on and on about how **** their life is and I only rarely posted a whinge status. I think the more you complain about life the less you actually do about it and the worse you also feel.

But I also think that some people use fb and other social network and forums to reach out to others.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I mainly post stupid shiiit, that makes people laugh. Or something about my kids like what they did or pics for my family. Even when DP and I split for the time we did I never really put horrible or sad stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thankfully, I have NOBODY on my newsfeed like that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I often see in my FB newsfeed, that some people only EVER post negative crap.

Usually it's some generic "the world world sucks, screw them," or "woe is me," or whatever type status update... but they NEVER EVER EVER post anything positive. WTF? Why?

If you do this... then why? Is your life really that horrible that you never have ANYTHING positive to say? I mean, I get annoyed and occasionally write a "woe is me," whinging sooky la-la type status update... but mine are usually ranty (like today - when I was steathily attacked by a religious children's book), or random, or "YAY!" types... there's a mix.

Sorry, just saw another "poor me, the world hates me... screw you all," type status from some chick who only EVER makes status updates like that...
    iv deleted ppl like that in the past, the constant attention seeking behaviour is embarrassing.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    For about 4-5 months i had nothing but negative status's. It was while going throughh the dx process for ds#1, my world was crumbling and other than dh, i had NO ONE, so i tried to reach out on facebook.

Of course i did it for attention, i needed help.

If i had of bottled it all up it would have killed me.

No one truly knows how a person is feeling, especially over the internet. It really saddens me to think that someone possibly really struggling is found to be annoying.

How can anyone presume or truly know if a person is just 'attention seeking' or not?

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (20-05-2012),Purple Lily  (19-05-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (20-05-2012),SugarSkull  (19-05-2012),Witwicky  (20-05-2012),~Marigold~  (19-05-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    BIL posts about three times a day about how much Centrelink sucks, how much time he spent waiting on hold for Centrelink, how little he gets in payments, etc etc

He hasn't had a job in 7 years and all I can think is "For f*** sake get off your *** and get a job, then you won't have to be on the phone to Centrelink every freaking day!"

One of my relatives also comments on everything with conspiracy nonsense. It's actually quite funny if you're in the mood for it, but dammed annoying when you're not.
    It's things like, if I post that a holiday in America sounds good, she'll post "No no no the scanners at the airport give u cancer its all part of the illuminati plan ur better 2 stay in australia far away from that ahole president wat is he thining anyway putting drugs in the water love you xxx"

That was an actual quote, by the way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (20-05-2012)

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    It's things like, if I post that a holiday in America sounds good, she'll post "No no no the scanners at the airport give u cancer its all part of the illuminati plan ur better 2 stay in australia far away from that ahole president wat is he thining anyway putting drugs in the water love you xxx"

That was an actual quote, by the way.
    Omg...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to missybubble For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just find it so bazaar, even if I was really down I would hate to post half the stuff that people feel really comfortable just posting all the time. I'd hate for my family to think I was some kind of melodramatic twit (just from a few examples I've seen from my younger cousins, no judgements for anyone here ). That said I only post on holidays, on Birthdays and for big notices (not including my secret FB Mothers group which is a bit more like a forum, so I feel more comfortable joining in there).

I'm very private so I don't like people knowing my every random thought or mood. If people find it therapeutic to vent in such a manner then I'm glad it helps them and I have no problem with it (I try to post something nice or send a message in return, I wouldn't ignore their status updates). At the same time I have reached out repeatedly to some of my cousins and got no response. It is continual, and at this point a bit of an attention grab IMO.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

austmum  (20-05-2012)