+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Guest Guest
    Depression doesn't need a reason, and the statuses are usually a way to vent and reach out, yes some people are unhappy all day everyday for no reason, it happens.
    Just hide their statuses if you don't care.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Nmgb  (19-05-2012),SugarSkull  (19-05-2012),~Marigold~  (19-05-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I never said I expect that. I just don't understand how she or other people who might have gone thro bad things and then dont, get help, and then get good things in their lives still go on about the bad. That's what I don't understand. I'm not trying to have ago or anything. This is just my opinion. And of people don't like it then ignore it because I'm not starting a fight. I don't like fights or arguments or disagreements.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    Depression doesn't need a reason, and the statuses are usually a way to vent and reach out, yes some people are unhappy all day everyday for no reason, it happens.
    Just hide their statuses if you don't care.
    This!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    See, I think if it wasn't EVER SINGLE POST MADE EVER I might be thinking, "Oh, something bad might be happening..." but I actually get the feeling it's more attention-seeking behaviour. Sometimes people will say, "Are you okay?" to her and then she'll just be all vague or "Oh, yes... I'm fine... it's just like it always is..." whinge whinge.

I think there's posts that indicate a person is struggling and needs help... and there's people who just want attention they don't actually really deserve or require...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (19-05-2012),onedayatatime  (19-05-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyOf2Sweeties View Post
    I got one of those. She often writes about how she is fed up with life and dosnt think she can carry on. I no she does have issues and she is on med for them and gets help. But her life shouldnt be that bad anymore. Nothing bad is happening in her life anymore to make her wanna do that. I no for a fact she has good things now. I don't get it. I'll be their for her an stuff. But I just don't get it.
    From your perspective, maybe. But how can you possibly know "for a fact"? You're not inside her head. She may have depression or similar. In that case, she could live in a million dollar mansion with a perfect family etc, and still feel like death.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! I have someone that is always complaining always attention seeking and always sick! There's never any posts or pics of her kids it's all about her.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Why are people ganging up on me? I'm not the only one who dosnt get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyOf2Sweeties View Post
    Why are people ganging up on me? I'm not the only one who dosnt get it.
    I'm sorry if you felt like I was ganging up on you! Absolutely not at all. I used your post as an example because you pointed out the fact that you see no reason why your friend should feel like this. I just replied to the fact that you don't know this, not for a fact, it could just "appear" that way from your perspective. Especially if, like I said, she is suffering from depression.
    Not meaning to attack you whatsoever. Apologies if it felt that way, was not my intention all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My best friend is Bi-polar. She has a loving husband and two gorgeous daughters. They just bought their own home. Yet she tells me she spent 6 months sleeping all day because of her depression. Sometimes what we see from the outside is no indication into how they REALLY feel inside, often through no fault of their own.
    Then, of course, there are the ones who just complain for the sake of complaining, the whingers. Not saying they don't exist either! Some people just love the attention they get from posting negative "woe is me" all the time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe I need to read up about it to understand it better.