+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Only ever negative on FB... got any friends like that?

I often see in my FB newsfeed, that some people only EVER post negative crap.

Usually it's some generic "the world world sucks, screw them," or "woe is me," or whatever type status update... but they NEVER EVER EVER post anything positive. WTF? Why?

If you do this... then why? Is your life really that horrible that you never have ANYTHING positive to say? I mean, I get annoyed and occasionally write a "woe is me," whinging sooky la-la type status update... but mine are usually ranty (like today - when I was steathily attacked by a religious children's book), or random, or "YAY!" types... there's a mix.

Sorry, just saw another "poor me, the world hates me... screw you all," type status from some chick who only EVER makes status updates like that...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Those ppl annoy me too. When it's multiple times a day. Seriously if your life is that bad get off Facebook and do something!

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I got one of those. She often writes about how she is fed up with life and dosnt think she can carry on. I no she does have issues and she is on med for them and gets help. But her life shouldnt be that bad anymore. Nothing bad is happening in her life anymore to make her wanna do that. I no for a fact she has good things now. I don't get it. I'll be their for her an stuff. But I just don't get it.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Maybe they really are super miserable, and reaching out for support?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (19-05-2012),Nmgb  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes I have one of those. Painful.

I also have a super-perky "life be in it" type person who is even MORE annoying!! One day their status actually was "so-and-so really loves their perfect life"! Can you believe it?! So obnoxious hahaha.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Maybe they really are super miserable, and reaching out for support?
    The person I know like this, Doea go to councelling. And she knows I'll always help her and support her. But I just don't understand why it has to be put on fb all the time. Like 3 to 4 times a day. And her posts are ONLY that.
    Iv been depressed and threw stuff that no one should go threw but I don't write stuff about being fed up and stuff on fb ever.

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes i have someone like this. One of DS's child carers. Awkward! I have her statuses hidden.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    It may be annoying but maybe they're reaching out for support? We spoke about this the other day in my PND support group and a lot of the women said that they post those kind of statuses because it's a lot easier than calling somebody and venting. They post their status, their close friends either send them a private message or call them because they can see something is up and it gives them a chance to vent.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (19-05-2012),MissMuppet  (19-05-2012),Nmgb  (19-05-2012),Zombie_eyes  (19-05-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyOf2Sweeties View Post
    The person I know like this, Doea go to councelling. And she knows I'll always help her and support her. But I just don't understand why it has to be put on fb all the time. Like 3 to 4 times a day. And her posts are ONLY that.
    Iv been depressed and threw stuff that no one should go threw but I don't write stuff about being fed up and stuff on fb ever.

Yes, but thats you. You cant expect everyone to be the same surely

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually can't stand the people who always put positive, gushy, I love everyone updates, lol.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

kriista  (19-05-2012),Mahjong  (19-05-2012)