+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can i get this wiggly baby to sleep when i'm sleeping?

I'm 21 weeks with my little man, first bub. He wiggles all the time! If I sit of lay down he will start to dance and party.

I love feeling it but he is getting very strong, this morning he woke me up when he was bouncing from one side of my tummy to the other like a little ping-pong ball. Right now i'm pretty sure he is kicking on foot then the other into my lower right side.

Any ideas on ways i can get him to sleep while I'm sitting or sleeping?

Also does anyone know if babies who are active inside will be active once they are born? I think it might be time to invest in a few good pairs of running shoes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you tryed a bath before bed help me with DS2 he was active inside he is to young to tell if he will stay that way DS1 didn't move all that much and now runs everywhere but that could just be because he is 2

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was always an active one too! Unfortunately for you it will most likely mean a very active bub! Try some calming music? Not much you can do probably... Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I drink a sleeping tea or a calming down tea before bed and that either knocks me out so I dont notice bellybaby and or calms bellybaby down as well.

and I do think that active in is active out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

SierraJ  (19-05-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've read that the sleeping patterns the baby displays in utero will be the sleeping pattern it follows as a newborn. So, if you have a night owl now, he'll be the same when he's here. Ofcourse, things will change when you create your own routine for the baby once born.
    I know that babies are more active when we are still, so lying in bed they will tend to be jumping all over the place. They are rocked to sleep when we are active. I would avoid any liquids that might stimulate him at night time, anything that contains a lot of sugar etc..
    Wow, I don't remember my baby being that active at 21 weeks!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

bugsy3  (19-05-2012),SierraJ  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I seem to be due about the same time as you, OP. I'm 22 weeks, and my little man is a powerful kicker too. Maybe it's boys? lol I just wanted to say that there's probably not a whole lot you can do, pretty sure they do it just to annoy us a bit but I actually enjoy it. At bedtime, lying there just feeling him bounce and kick all over the place. It's like our special bonding time, and the only time DH has managed to feel him kicking too.
    They do settle into a routine (well, my other 2 did) once they're born, and if bub is active, that's generally a good thing, means he's all healthy.
    You could try a bit of light exercise before bed, like bouncing on a fitball or going for a little walk? As a PP said, your movements may rock baby to sleep... no guarantees though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Psylent For This Useful Post:

SierraJ  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I use to rock from side to side on the fit ball to calm DD. She was super active especially at night and yes, it's stayed that way. Her arms and legs are always going. Thankfully she now sleeps at night!

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

SierraJ  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My understanding is that babies learn about the difference between night & day and awake & asleep times whilst in utero. When you rest, they party, when you are up & about, they rest. The better pattern they get into, the easier it will be to establish a pattern after birth.

My dd was predictable. I would lie down at night (eg. 10pm) and she would kick and kick and kick til around midnight, then she'd stop and I'd get a bit of sleep, all going well. It drove me nuts. She was super active in utero. Then she was born and for the first 3 months or so she would be awake til around 11pm or midnight and sleep til 5am or later. She was at her most unsettled between 8pm & 11pm (from colic), but then she relaxed and settled in for the night. She got the whole day & night difference thing virtually straight away and I didn't complain.

She started rolling at 1 month (but after a few days stopped til 3 months) and was commando crawling at 6 months, so she's pretty active.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LOL. Good luck with that. I am full term and there is a party going on in my belly every bedtime however the nice wiggling stage is over. My bub is painful. A woman at school pick up the other day looked at my belly going nuts and said "wow, you've got an active one there".

My first baby was similar but is not overly active as a child. My second baby was bliss in my belly. I think all she did was suck her thumb, sleep and occasionally roll over. Even the ultrasound shot had her all curled up into the placenta. However on the outside, she is so darned active. I have her in activities from morning until night and at 4yo she never is asleep before 9pm. I don't think personality in utero dictates what they will be like on the outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found the best way to get DD to rest in utero was to wear her out, sounds evil but just before I wanted to go to bed I'd have an ice cold drink, pole and prod where she lay and just generally keep her up, also helped with bonding, then when I was ready for sleep she seemed to calm down an I guess sleep too after all the play time haha.

Good luck