+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2 Miscarriages in one year

Hi, looking to chat to anyone who has experienced miscarriages that have resulted in D/C's. Had my second D/C 2 weeks ago. Same situation exactly one year ago. Hoping for 3rd time lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry for your losses. Rough year!

I've had 3 D&Cs. I had my DS in 2009 then I had two missed miscarriages in 2011 (where bubby dies but your body doesn't miscarry naturally). One of the D&C's resulted in retained product (i.e. they missed some) and so they had to go back for a repeat! Boo! Fortunately we're expecting our second son in September.

Were you having any particular thoughts/worries?

Thanks
    Reviews
    iam so sorry that you had to have a.d & c i hate them all the stupid questions from the nurses "now why are you in hospital today" and "why are you having a d & c for" it drives me crazy how many times they ask how are you feeling now it takes time to get over it iam only talking about the d & c you never get over the loss of a baby i have had 5 d & cs and i have lots one at home i wish you luck when youe ready to try again but if you have any questions we are here all in this together

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry i had one in june last year one december last year and one a week ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply Both my miscarriages have been missed miscarriages. A friend who had a miscarriage recently told me about this site. I guess it is just knowing you are not alone in these experiences and there is hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear you have had 5 d/c's and one so recent. Yes it isn't a pleasant experience. I never thought in my life i would go through this. The first trip to hospital was not a pleasant one. I was treated terribly. I wish you luck too

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hear about your mcs I've had one this year (possibly two, second wasn't confirmed as it was very early) but neither were D&Cs. Just didn't want to fly through and not say anything.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi sbear,
    So sorry to hear of your losses!!

In the past 11 months I have had 3 m/c ( 1 missed miscarriage, 1 miscarry and a chemical) and I've just been told today I'm about to m/ c a fourth time 8.5 wks (missed miscarry). I had a d & c June last year and I'm asking for another one for this one as I want the embryo sent to pathology and tested.
    Unfortunately there are too many of us in this boat, but we are all here to support one another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your replies. It really helps to know I am not alone. There is definately too many of us experiencing this I am now going to look into naturopathy to see if it helps carrying to full term. Has anyone been told of any tips etc that can help? When I had my first scan with this second pregnancy I was told everything was fine, the placenta, sac etc but the heartbeat was only 30bpm. The embryo is having trouble surviving.

Zakmick, very sorry to hear about your news today. My thoughts are with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Sbear!! :-)
    Another friend of mine had 2 miscarriages in 12 months also.. before starting acupuncture... This guy is highly recommended (let me know if you want the details) 8 weeks to get in with him & sounds crazy but he said her uterus is too cold :-/ and had her on a 'warm' diet!! :-) also been advised to cut out, ice cream, fruit juice, soft drink etc.... Asked her when AF starts, to use a heat pack on her tummy and lower back, just warm, not over heating! Every night until ovulation... Anyway she is 8 weeks pregnant again, everything is looking great & the furthest she has ever gotten! Good luck x

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....