+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pick your own present?!

I'm putting this here to get some decent traffic...

DP and I have gotten recently engaged and his parents (my future in laws) said we can choose our own engagement present.
    We said it wasn't necessary but they won't have a bar of it.

So I want to know, what should we ask for?
    What would you ask for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What do you really need or want ?
    Maybe something that you might have put off getting because you needed to use the money for something else ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were thinking about family portraits as the next decent photos we will have are when DS is 18 months old... At our wedding.
    But then we thought, why not wait til then? Lol it's all very difficult.

The other thing we thought of is a small engagement party.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ahh I hate when people do that. To me it's kinda insulting like they can't be bothered thinking of something nice or putting any effort in.

Have they given you a price range? A whole party seems like a lot to ask for!! I would have thought engagement presents would be maybe $100-150 from the parents...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what we thought,
    But they seem to want to go all out, as a wedding gift they were going to give us an all expenses paid for one week holiday in Bali, Thailand or Fiji, for our honeymoon, but we don't want to be away from DS for that long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like they want to make sure they get you something you really want or need. They sound very generous offering to pay for a honeymoon!

Is there an appliance or piece of furniture you have been wanting but put off buying?

How about some nice bedding?

The family portrait idea sounds lovely. What's to stop you having some now and then some at the wedding too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    But they seem to want to go all out, as a wedding gift they were going to give us an all expenses paid for one week holiday in Bali, Thailand or Fiji, for our honeymoon, but we don't want to be away from DS for that long!
    Wow that's an amazing offer! Don't be so quick to dismiss - did you know that Fiji resorts are often geared towards families (kids stay free etc) and MANY of them have great kids-clubs/babysitting?? I would sooo take them up on that offer, then you may get a few hours here and there just as a couple.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    Wow that's an amazing offer! Don't be so quick to dismiss - did you know that Fiji resorts are often geared towards families (kids stay free etc) and MANY of them have great kids-clubs/babysitting?? I would sooo take them up on that offer, then you may get a few hours here and there just as a couple.
    We'd love it one day, just not with an 18 month old. We've decided to go away to bush cabins for two night. Cause my partner is a subby a week off means no money so we'd rather not worry about the additional savings.