+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need help weaning!! Please :)

Hi all, I really need some advice I need to wean dd2 she's 7 months and fully bf atm and she has a milk protein and egg allergy so I'm trying her out on a soy formula before my allergist prescribes neocate, anyway she won't touch it screws up her face and pushes it away everytime :/ I've tried flavoring it with a bit of maple syrup and also a tiny bit of strawberry nesquik neither made any difference I've also tried different bottles and teats and that hasn't made a difference either if anyone has any advice I would be very appreciative I'm not sure what to do I need to wean but shes so stubborn lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe try a sippy cup? Tupperware type worked best here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Babyduck77 For This Useful Post:

jemmajam  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having the same problems as I tried to wein my now 7 month old a few months back. I tried 4 or 5 different formulas till I found one he would drink but that would be hard for you if it has to be soy... Sorry I'm not much help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you considered cutting milk products and egg out of your own diet so she can continue to have breastmilk? It can take 2-3 weeks to notice a difference as it needs to clear your system then hers. Might be easier that getting her to take formula she doesn't like (and apparently neocate has a bad taste and many babies don't like it)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to purplecat For This Useful Post:

jemmajam  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also maple syrup and nesquick in the formula doesn't sound like a good idea :

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Will she take a bottle from someone else? Maybe she can smell the milk on you and is after the good stuff? Is cutting dairy and eggs an option for you? Soy formula isn't a good option for babies because of the natural hormones in it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

jemmajam  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies I have cut out milk and eggs as much as possible but she's still very sensitive and even the tiniest bit sets her off I didn't like adding anything to the formula but I thought I might be able to convince her that it's not that bad and then stop adding it but it didn't work I'm going to continue to breastfeed and try again in a few weeks maybe with a sippy cup