Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mordygordy View Post
    Thanks girls he is on a run now, we have just purchased an invisible fence and will give that a try. Hopefully it will help.
    In the case of the fence, don't forget that if the dog is stolen or runs away from the pain instead of being deflected by it, the collar will keep shocking him.

Don't leave him home alone if he has the collar on, especially if you're in one of the vic or nsw areas that has had recent police reports of dogs being stolen for fighting purposes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    In the case of the fence, don't forget that if the dog is stolen or runs away from the pain instead of being deflected by it, the collar will keep shocking him.

Don't leave him home alone if he has the collar on, especially if you're in one of the vic or nsw areas that has had recent police reports of dogs being stolen for fighting purposes.
    Just wanted to say our dogs were trained to retreat back into the yard... but if they were stolen it only zaps while they are running through it and stops once they get out. I think only a few seconds? So hopefully that one would be the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister had the same issue and has put up an electric fence around the border of the yard.
    They've only been near it once and these dogs used to escape daily.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    Just wanted to say our dogs were trained to retreat back into the yard... but if they were stolen it only zaps while they are running through it and stops once they get out. I think only a few seconds? So hopefully that one would be the same?
    The reason I mentioned it is because there are some brands that give corrections until the collar is back in the 'safe' space set out by the fence. A reason why they are not recommended for cats or sighthounds; because the animal will keep running frome pain, making the collar and fence both useless and dangerous for the collars that give timed corrections.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is going to sound gross, but I used to have a problem with my DP's dog digging under the fence. Before she got too far I started filling the holes with thier poo. They really dont want to keep working on that hole when it is filled with all that yucky. They never dig in that same spot again.