+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for all your replies.
    So I'm expecting at least 24 hours, and anywhere up to 72, given all goes well.
    I guess everyone and everywhere is different.. who knows, maybe this time I'll feel OK after a few hours and come home. Last time I'd had an Epidural plus DS had a touch of Jaundice as well..
    Better to overpack than be left short. I was just going through my hospital pamphlets as well and found a list of things I'll need that the hospital don't supply: for baby I need nappies, baby clothing, baby wipes, baby bath solution.
    I remember with DS they supplied everything bar his clothing.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had my first in a birth centre and I was bullied into staying at the adjoining hospital for a few days afterwards due to a "complication". I was naive and so I agreed at first, but then left after less than 24 hours. I had to sign medical waivers and yada yada, but I didn't care. The time I did spend there was absolutely awful and it felt wrong being there instead of at home in my own environment with my hubby.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    1 - 6 days (prem,breech,c-sec)
    2 - 2 days (medically induced vaginal delivery 2nd tri, due to chrom. ab)
    3 - 5 days (long labour ending in c-sec)
    4 - 4 days (straight forward natural delivery)
    I love hospital! Such a nice break with food being served and no cleaning/washing etc.
    If I have another one I'll stay as long as possible again.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (19-05-2012),~Marigold~  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS - 5 days (private hosp with private room and DH staying) drug free vag birth, I chose to stay that long, it was like a hotel!

DD - public, drug free vag birth, 24hrs. I chose to leave because I wasn't comfortable and was bored and sharing a room.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to breakthemould For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was young a naive after having DS as well.. I was nervous about whether they would "let" me leave and I had to sign the waivers as well.
    I don't want to be booted out within hours of giving birth, but I'd like the option to leave when I'm ready.. will see how I feel, who knows.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd1 it was 4 nights, 1 night before she was born as I was being induced, had a normal birth

Dd2 I stayed 2 night normal birth

Next time I plan on staying the minimum amount of time if all goes well

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (19-05-2012)

Guest Guest
    I had the baby early Thursday morning and was discharged Saturday so 2 days. I probably could have left earlier but feeding wasn't established so I stayed an extra day.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (19-05-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    1 - 6 days (prem,breech,c-sec)
    2 - 2 days (medically induced vaginal delivery 2nd tri, due to chrom. ab)
    3 - 5 days (long labour ending in c-sec)
    4 - 4 days (straight forward natural delivery)
    I love hospital! Such a nice break with food being served and no cleaning/washing etc.
    Your hospital food must have been nicer than the experiences I have had in the past

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Yeah, I'm kind of the same this time! I'm not against a long stay if that's what happens! Except last time I was so lonely, we lived hours away from the hospital and DH didn't even have a car so it was just me by myself on the ward with a crazy lady in the bed beside me who would not stop talking on her mobile loudly about her work.. I wanted to cry the entire time and I was only 17 so wanted to come home asap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by breakthemould View Post
    DS - 5 days (private hosp with private room and DH staying) drug free vag birth, I chose to stay that long, it was like a hotel!
    How nice! That's the one thing i'm looking forward to this time, my hospital allow partners to stay overnight in the bed with and most of the rooms are single, plus the room you birth in is the room you stay in (unless they are really busy and move you to a shared ward). Pretty good for a public hospital. Better than my last experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast