+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default **long rant** work stress in third trimester (or any time really)

Work has been crazy crazy busy since the start of the year, but I was hoping it would ease off a bit before I went on leave. I only have 4 weeks of work to go and it hasn't let up (and wont before I go on leave)... it's only gotten worse.

I wouldn't want anything at all bad to happen to this bubby, but I'm getting to the point that I really really hope it comes early just so I can walk out of there ASAP. I know that's selfish, and I really wouldn't want it to come that early (I'm only 30 weeks). My first bubba was 5 weeks early, and that was already too early, so I know logically I wouldn't want that again.... but I am just so over it.

It's not just that it's been busy - but we have a number of major projects (most of which have been last minute) and that I've been put solely in charge of. I feel so unsupported at the moment, and feel like they've just been dumped on me. When I have tried to raise the issue that it's too much or that they probably wont get done before I go on leave, the response has been pretty much "too bad".

I just don't really know how to deal with it. I usually really like my job and the people I work with, which makes it tough.

How do others cope with this sort of stress? I keep telling myself that I'll be out of there soon, but it still feels soooo far away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a hugely stressful job, which has just been made worse (great) by a number of factors.

I don't know what to do sorry, I have started doing a yoga DVD at home, and use relaxation techniques that I learned in hypnobirthing. It helps a bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went to my doctor and asked him to write a sick cert that said I was only fit to work 3 days. Has meant that I can prioritise my work but I have a work team that sound more understanding than yours. The other thing might be to take a week of sick leave and when you come back tell them that the dr feels you are stressed and if you don't cut down the workload you'll have to go off work completely.
    Hopefully you find a solution.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in a similar situation, although probably not as busy as you've mentioned. I'm pretty much the only one in the office (full stop!) that does the things that I do, and the thing that really stressed me out the most is getting TO work in the first place. I had an irritable uterus a couple of weeks ago, & my obstetrician told me I have to reduce my stress levels, so I am now working from home. Everyone else has to get by as best they can without me there, but they can call my mobile if they need me. That way the work still gets done, but I'm not being hassled as much, & I'm in the comfort of my own home. I'm at 35 weeks & finish up at the end of next week.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    start a count down and seriously if you don't get it done, its not like they weren't aware. I know you want to do the best but with 4 weeks to go think positive, that's only 20 days, 1 public holiday, there's 19 maybe a sick day or too, down to 15 days in no time

Thanks
    Reviews
    You simply need to start saying NO. If they don't respect the fact that you are heavily pregnant and need help getting things done then why should you put you and your baby at risk for them. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Id suggest you Take a couple of sick days to relax, head to the docs and explain the situation & stress you're feeling. As a pp mentioned, doc can recommend u work only 3 days a week. That way, you get a break and your work will very quickly realise they need to delegate your work to others.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your support and suggestions ladies. Will definitely try to get some sick or toil days. Might use the excuse that I want to reduce my toil before going on leave (see if it works anyway). And will talk to my doc at my next check up.

It's now 10:54pm and I'm finishing up work for the night (had to bring it home with me because was told it MUST to be done today - nice).

Thanks again, and I hope that those of you still working manage to take it easy. xox