+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Recommend a camera

I don't have a camera and take all photos on my Iphone The poor quality is starting to annoy me...DS is blurry in most photos because he moves too quickly for it and not a lot turn out well. I really enjoy taking photos but I kind of need a camera to do that

I have spoken with a couple of people and they mentioned a DSLR type of camera? (or was it SLR?). Nikon? Canon?

Can anyone recommend a GOOD camera? I don't need an amazing, top of the range one, but I don't want a shyte one either.

Thanks
    Last edited by Witwicky; 18-05-2012 at 22:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a DSLR (SLR is the same thing, the D stands for digital), it's bottom end for a DSLR and cost DH $600-$700ish with two lenses included. It's the Canon 550D and apparently they're even cheaper now.

It's great for what I need it for: taking photos of my children and the occasional interesting photo, plus learning how to get more out of it has been easy and fun.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (24-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When we were looking for a camera the sales rep said any SLR camera no matter the price is better than the most expensive of the digital range.
    We bought a nikon D3100 and love it

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babybumblebee For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (24-05-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Entry level dslr with a twin lens kit would suit perfectly, what will be a big change is lugging it around with you compared to camera phone which u can put in a pocket.

Im a canon girl, so i'd agree with blissedouts reccomendation with the 550D.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (24-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've just seen the announcement of the new entry level Pentax. Fully weather sealed, and much better specs than my k-7.
    If I was looking to buy I'd probably hold out for that, but I do love my Pentax

9. The Following User Says Thank You to happygrl For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (24-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I have an older model DSLR (Digital single lens reflex) a Canon 450D and it suits me fine. I got a twin lens kit and I wish I'd done some more research and bought a better lense. I use my nifty fifty all the time.

I do think they (DSLR's) are much of a muchness if you're using them on an auto setting.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (24-05-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the recommendations!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sony CyberShot W380

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Entry level dslr with a twin lens kit would suit perfectly, what will be a big change is lugging it around with you compared to camera phone which u can put in a pocket.

Im a canon girl, so i'd agree with blissedouts reccomendation with the 550D.
    Totally agree!! Canon all the way.

Though I will say if you're not into learning more about photography etc buying a DSLR might be a waste. There are a lot of great compact cameras on the market that take awesome pics and are small enough to fit in handbag etc. look for high number megapixels and a good metering system. In addition to my DSLR I have a compact in my handbag to take random pics when I want to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Eeeek canon!! No...Nikon for sure!
    The best entry level DSLR is the D5100. Or even a nikon 1. DH has a LOT of cameras most are nikons the only ones that aren't are his vintage collectables.

Normally I'd say Canon are pretty good too but they have released a shocking 2012 camera range.