+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default A student teacher was badly injured at school today.

The first thing Miss13 told me after coming home from school today was, a teacher had a broken hand today. Later she filled us in on the details. She didn't see it, but was told by other students who did. There is a troublesome girl that is always on detention and the school are currently trying to decide whether to expel or suspend her over this incident. She has been suspended four times already this year.

A student teacher on work experience had her third time taking the class. Afterwards she was leaning on the door with her fingers in the hinge. The troublesome girl saw this and slammed the door as hard as she could upon leaving - and it latched shut. Other students were saying it was really bad and there was a lot of blood.

-----------------------

The story was so horrific I felt physically ill whilst my daughter was telling me. I feel so bad for that teacher. I also suspect that some of the students that witnessed the ordeal will likely be traumatised as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My brother had his arm broken by a year 7 kid whilst on prac, which is when he changed from Primary to Esrly Childhood and has only taught Years 1 to 3 and only in Catholic or Independent schools. It was too much for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    oh wow that poor teacher !
    won't be standin with fingers near a door next door ! not that I have any troubled kids.
    hope the student teacher is okay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    OMG That poor student teacher. The girl needs to be expelled and taken to get serious mental help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How horrible, for both the student teacher and the students, hopefully there is no long lasting damage to the student teacher :-(

Surely if the girl has been suspended 4 times another method of discipline is required??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The poor student teacher!!

Having been suspended 4 times already this year i would expect the student to be expelled. Most schools I know of only suspend twice, three times at the most before expulsion, and for less serious 'offenses' then what this student has done!

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    expulsion for sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Expulsion. And police charges I'd hope. I don't care if it's just a teenager - its assault.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happygrl For This Useful Post:

Ashley595  (18-05-2012),smallpotatoes  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I hope she is expelled. I know my school has a 3 strike your out suspension rule.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a horrible thing for that teacher to experience. I agree she should be expelled. But where do kids like that go from there? To another school for other teachers to deal with? Do they have specialized schools for kids with serious behavioral issues?