+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Can i expect a clothes refund?

Do you/can you expect a refund from your kindy when clothes are lost at kindy?

Not like 1 or 2 items, im talking lots- more than half of what was in your childs bag.

This is what has happened to me over the last 2 weeks - attends 2 days a week and all items are clearly labeled and in big letters.

Its never happened before now and the kindy said they are searching for them.

So what happens when they cant find them? Can i asked for some kind of refund or for my fees for the month be lowered to cover the cost?

I wouldnt be bothered for 1 or 2 items but its ALOT of items that have just disappeared at kindy

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think so

It sounds like maybe another parent might be stealing them or they daycare attendants arnt paying attention to the name and putting them in other kids bags

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, unfortunately it just happens. That's why i don't ever send good clothes. How many items was it?? I send 2x outfits so 2 pants 2 tops 2 jumpers 2 singlets 2 socks. Even if they lost half of them it wouldn't amount to more than $30 worth. If that. Most of his outerwear for CC is from the Op shop.
    Also they've most likely gone home with someone else and will come back.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah didnt think so

So my child has gone up to older room a couple of weeks ago and this has never happened.

So over the last 3-4 days attended about 6 pairs of long pants 4 shirts and atleast 10pairs of undies and a hat has gone from her bag.

All are her old/stained clothes, nothing flashy. And its all labeled, i make a big deal to have it all labeled because with a full kindy they dont need that extra stress and also you cant expect it back if its not labeled!!

I wouldnt normally care as it happens, but shes left with barely anything and we are all confused as to how such a large amount has disappeared, where and why.

I pack alot - mostly because my child is known to get into water taps and i dont want to risk her running out of warm clothes!

But yeah so now i need to buy more clothes. Which has come at a bad time.

But im confused, so are the few teachers iv spoken to. Its like someone ate them!!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Wow that is a lot! Could you ask that her bag be kept somewhere else for a while? If it's only happening to her, it does sound like it could be someone pinching them- or some younger kid/s playing in her bag and pulling things out. How strange.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you label them? Sorry off subject but my dd is starting and you've made me paranoid!

Sent from my MotoA953 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Wow that is a lot! Could you ask that her bag be kept somewhere else for a while? If it's only happening to her, it does sound like it could be someone pinching them- or some younger kid/s playing in her bag and pulling things out. How strange.

Yea its so odd. Im not sure if shes the only one.. Teachers didnt mention if others have missing items, il check next week!

Teacher did discuss kids possibly rearranging things, however i would think they would notice a child pulling a bag down unzipping and removing as their bags are in an area away from toys and activities.

I just dont know, its so strange!
    Just hopping they are found next week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    How do you label them? Sorry off subject but my dd is starting and you've made me paranoid!

Oh dont be paranoid !

This is the first time its happened for us at this kindy in almost a year, so its pretty good so long as everything is labeled.

Well iv tried proper clothes labels and a few different ones. But id have to say iv come to like my permanent thick black laundry marker!

I go over it about once a month, its doesnt cost much and seems to be the most effective!

I also write in thick big letters over a large area

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you can.
    If its a lot of clothing, I would want them to step up what they are doing.

I would give them an itemised list and ask what is going to be done to ensure it stops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stupid question.... but wouldn't the marker go through the clothes???