+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What about just grabbing a BBQ chicken and bread, maybe pasta salad. This is always my easy 'grab it yourself fall back when I am time poor or CBF. You could use any leftover chicken in a chicken soup too.
    Fresh pastas and pasta sauce from the fridge section are another easy option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good ideas thanks guys.

Will get a list sorted for DH tomorrow and he can organise 2 big meals.

Oh, yep forgot about the fridge section. Obviously not thinking properly at all. Will get him to to do that too. Will do a BBQ chicken too. Maybe those ready made salads too or even the dry packets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    chicken soup

whole chicken, celery, carrot, tin of cannelli beans, some risoni or macraroni.
    boil to death chicken and cut veges with peppercorns, bay leaves, garlic cloves and onion. add pasta half way and beans after its cooked.

steamed fish/veges
    packet of frozen stir fry veges with 2 or 3 pieces of fish (cod, snapper, hoki, barra, oredory, flake), ginger and soy sauce.
    place veges in microwave safe container. put cut pieces fish on top. mix minced/sliced/chopped ginger with some soy sauce (can add honey/garlic/chilli). pour over fish/veges. sensor cook.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always do a big pot of congee when I'm sick

Mine is similar to http://thesecretfoodie.blogspot.com....ongee.html?m=1 bit I use a chicken Maryland with the fat removed and I just throw it in at the start. Serve with a bit of dried shredded pork (pork floss). Yum

Hope you feel better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Easy meals:

Fresh pasta (ravioli/etc) and pasta sauce - from the fridge section - add fresh sliced mushrooms & chopped capsicum if you want more substance to the sauce

Chicken scnitzels or kievs with frozen chips & frozen vegies (buy the steam fresh vegies - you cook them in the bag in the microwave - get the big bags, not the single serve ones).

Canned soups are good for lunch with toast (gotta love canned chicken noodle soup when you're sick!)

Jelly - get your dh to make up jelly in plastic disposable cups & put them in the fridge for during the week. A nice snack for all you sickies to help soothe sore throats.

Maybe buy some custard for you too - the ready made kind in the fridge.

Fresh quiches are nice too. Serve with a store bought salad +/- frozen chips. We had a lovely bacon & leak quiche from Woolworths the other day - yummy!

There are also ready to cook stir fry meals in the freezer section. I've got a complete mental blank on what they are called, but they include the vegies & the meat and cost about $9, but would serve 4 I think. Maybe buy some fresh Hokkien noodles to go with it (they just need to sit in boiled water for a few minutes to warm through). We had a packet a few weeks ago and it was yummy.

There's always lasagne with chips or mashed potato (get some Deb potato to make it easy) and vegies (steam fresh again).

Can you tell we like to cook stuff that just goes in the oven or microwave for a short time? (we do eat stuff other than those listed above, but I hope they help). Make sure you've got enough stuff to get you through a week just in case your dd2 and your dh get sick too. I hope you get better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awesome, thanks guys.

So much easier than trying to think for myself. Feel even worse this morning and so do the girls. I'm on antibiotics at least so should start feeling better soon. I have to send DH on another job today now. Our TV died . Nothing worse than no TV when you feel sick!

And yeah, I think you are right. Better get stocked up in case DD2 and DH get it too. I'm never holding off getting the flu vaccine ever again.