+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Feminism for boys - how to raise good men??

The thread about the video clips got me thinking. If I had daughters I think I would know how to talk to them about objectification of women, sexism, feminism etc and their true values as human beings. But I am expecting my second boy and I don't really know how to try to instill similar values in them (with regards to their attitudes to women/sexualisation of society). I understand that boys and men enjoy looking at women's bodies etc so I don't want them to think that's wrong either....

Personally I think boys have their own significant challenges in today's world, about finding their role in society etc, but I also want to raise them to be good men who understand that women are not objects etc etc.

Have I made sense? Any thoughts?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I find it overwhelming being the mother of a boy. He's quite a stubborn personality so I do worry that he will be very domineering when he's older. Thankfully he's just as much a sweetheart as he is strong willed so I'm hoping he uses it for good instead of evil lol.

I have faith because my DP treats me so well. We both respect each other equally and I think DS will turn out much like him in his future marriage because he's had such a good role model

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have five boys. I love it. back later to reply...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have an answer for this but I also would love some suggestions. About to give birth to my first (a boy) and its REALLY important to me that I bring him up with the right attitude towards women. Don't want to over do it either and I know there is a fine line...