+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, that makes sense; so you want to kind of clear your head a little with the aid of medication at first and then focus on a more long term solution? That sounds like a good plan, something to discuss with your doctor. At least then, without the anxiety full force, you can maybe delve into cognitive behavioural techniques with a counsellor while experiencing a better overall mood.
    You can't go on feeling this way, it's a living hell, I know.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really appreciate your replies its good to let it out to someone who gets it

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babybumblebee For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems as if pp have given you some great ideas. Just a couple of things. It does sound like you have a degree of anxiety or depression, probably both as it is very unlikely to be suffering from anxiety without any element of depression. I clearly remember having that hazy feeling and blurred vision. Now that I am treated and am feeling much better I don't get that anymore.
    Having anxiety can be very overwhelming but you can get through it. It is better to see someone about it early as I felt it was harder to get better as I left it too late.
    One of the things that made a difference was seeing a psychologist. I wasn't quite sure how it worked but it really did work. It is a bit scary having to confront your fears but it is worth it in the end. Dont be afraid of medication please - if you can get it under control it is much easier to teach yourself how to cope better and reduce the likelihood of it happening again.
    One more thing - I would recommend the book "the book of it" by Bev aisbett. I find it really good to read when I was having an acute episode. It is really easy to read with cartoons but is a great way of refocussing when catastrophising.
    Good luck op.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CookingMonster For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have GAD (generalised anxiety disorder) along with panic attacks and some OCD behaviours. I have also tried cognitive therapy, meditation and other methods of non medicinally treating it. For me when the physical rather than psychological symptoms became worse, I knew I had to medicate, at least until I got hold of it. Physically when I had bad anxiety/panic attacks I would get heart palpitations to the point of nearly fainting, it felt harder to get a breath and I would sweat. When my anxiety gets really bad any phobias I have (e.g. Spiders, burglars when home alone) become intensified to the point everything starts to feel surreal and I start trying to breathe heavily till it passes. Psychologically what I feel when I have a panic attack is a feeling of dread that I can't pinpoint or a feeling like I am terrified for no reason. I hope that this helps to explain one particular view on anxiety, and good on you for seeing it and looking for help x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oliverandfinn For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverandfinn View Post
    I have GAD (generalised anxiety disorder) along with panic attacks and some OCD behaviours. I have also tried cognitive therapy, meditation and other methods of non medicinally treating it. For me when the physical rather than psychological symptoms became worse, I knew I had to medicate, at least until I got hold of it. Physically when I had bad anxiety/panic attacks I would get heart palpitations to the point of nearly fainting, it felt harder to get a breath and I would sweat. When my anxiety gets really bad any phobias I have (e.g. Spiders, burglars when home alone) become intensified to the point everything starts to feel surreal and I start trying to breathe heavily till it passes. Psychologically what I feel when I have a panic attack is a feeling of dread that I can't pinpoint or a feeling like I am terrified for no reason. I hope that this helps to explain one particular view on anxiety, and good on you for seeing it and looking for help x
    I know this feeling all too well (except for the OCD part)! I get exactly the same symptoms as you. Mine is definitely triggered by my hormones too so worse when pregnant and breast feeding. I have managed to control it to a certain degree with exercise and relaxation techniques but it's a constant struggle. Got desperate at one point and tried anti depressants but hated the way they made me feel. Sometimes I manage to convince myself im having a heart attack even though I know they are symptoms of my anxiety. It can be so awful. Does the medication help you??