+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default WCH Private or Burnside Maternity??

Hi,

We are 6 weeks and trying to finalise our choice of OB and hospital.
    I am booked with 2 OB's but we can't decide.

We have a private OB who will deliver at Burnside or a private OB at WCH.

WCH is the better option in terms of cost - but wanted to hear about other peoples experiences as a private patient at WCH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to hear experiences too. I have been to Burnside twice, and have loved it both times. However if there is a third time, I think I may want to try a water birth as a private patient at WCH.

I just don't want to share a room, that is the only thing I don't like about WCH.

I have also heard people rave about going to the Intercontinental Hotel with Burnside, so I'd like to try that too.

Fortunately my OB goes to both hospitals.

Would like to hear other's experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just chosen burnside, but still keen to see what others experiences are there to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was meant to birth at Burnside but I had a premmie so went to WCH. I found the WCH was really good. I was lucky enough to have a room to myself. My baby was in SCBU though. I found the staff really good at WCH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The majority of my friends went to Burnside, all loved it, but some said for the price they might consider elsewhere next time. If you or the baby have any problems you will be sent to WCH anyway as they can't deal with emergencies at Burnside.

I have full health insurance but decided I wanted a natural birth with the option of water birth, I will be delivering at Flinders through their midwife group practice. I get a private room with a huge bath and haven't paid a cent.

If your paying for an OB you may as well deliver in luxury at Burnside!!