+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    MMR, Rabies and flu vaxes are made with chicken embryos. Hep B is produced by yeast cells.
    In any case, they all contain remnants of living oganisms, and for some religions, this is a major sin. To them, the judge here is essentially ordering their child to hell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustShiney View Post
    In any case, they all contain remnants of living oganisms, and for some religions, this is a major sin. To them, the judge here is essentially ordering their child to hell.
    Surely an all knowing, all seeing, caring forgiving God - would 'know' that this child didn't make the decision itself?

I agree with what the judge did.

How is the baby now? ..all good? -- any sickeness? side effects?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Better than ordering the child to a life of suffering and a good chance of a slow and extremely painful death. I am SO glad that the judge had the last word in this case.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Surely an all knowing, all seeing, caring forgiving God - would 'know' that this child didn't make the decision itself?
    Of course

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-05-2012),FiveInTheBed  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post

I agree with what the judge did.

How is the baby now? ..all good? -- any sickeness? side effects?
    Me too. Hopefully the parents will accept that since it was done against their will the baby will be saved from hell?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Quoting myself, lol....Does anyone know the answer to this?
    http://www.ncirs.edu.au/immunisation...fact-sheet.pdf

Which vaccines have used human tissue sources in their production?
    Certain viruses grown for use in vaccines require the use of ‘cell lines’. These cell lines (called human diploid cell lines – WI-38 and MRC-5) were originally derived from human fetal tissue. The vaccines manufactured using cell lines originally derived from fetal tissue include: rubella vaccine and MMR vaccine, hepatitis A vaccines, varicella vaccines, rabies vaccine, and oral polio (Sabin) vaccine (no longer available in Australia).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks, that's the same info I have, I can't find anywhere that those cell lines aren't used anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    About sending the child to hell, in OUR bible it is mentioned that children do not go to hell until they reach the age of accountability. Surely that wont be at 48 hours old
    Until they get to an age that they can understand the Bible and can actively open their hearts and invite God in, all children will go to heaven regardless of what the parents have done to them.
    In this case getting the child a life saving vaccine that is against their believes at the mature age of 48 hours.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeeeesssss, no.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    I'm not sure their god is the forgiving kind!!

Personally, i believe God intended for us to advance in knowledge, not stay frozen in the dark ages (He did create the scientists!) i think the judge made the right call on this.