+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I think it's the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons that won't allow any injections containing human or animal matter? (some vaccines have chicken or bovine extracts in them) it's not from the bible but their own scriptures I think ? The old testament has a text about not consuming blood (Leviticus 17:10-14 forbade the eating or drinking of blood) but nothing about injecting vaccines!
    JW's vaccinate (or should i say its a personal choice if to do so or not) as the scriptures dont say anything in particular about it and they follow the bible. But, In the new testament at Acts 15:20 it says "abstain from blood" specifically.
    Last edited by ShanandBoc; 19-05-2012 at 13:56. Reason: spelling correction

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with judge, we have had so many kids in whom IF there parents had STD would not care or think their disease can affect kids as its "STD". We have had kids who were exposed to Whopping cough, chicken pox and one other thing and then their kids showed the same symptoms and they still brought them in to daycare(only to be sent home that day with a with a rewusest to get them checked and return positive results). While she is the mother some parents do not think or believe transfer of diseases is possible.
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 23-05-2012 at 23:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No one should be forced to inject medicine, I find it extremely disturbing that parents/baby could be forced into this I am not sure of their reason, but one of our reasons for not vaccinating is that alot of vaccines (including hep B) originated from aborted foetal cells, this might be a reason for them too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I say good about the decision. 5% is a considerable risk. The judge was acting in the childs best interest, as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I think it's the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons that won't allow any injections containing human or animal matter? (some vaccines have chicken or bovine extracts in them) it's not from the bible but their own scriptures I think ?
    The old testament has a text about not consuming blood (Leviticus 17:10-14 forbade the eating or drinking of blood) but nothing about injecting vaccines!
    Mormons don't have an objection to vaccines and transfusions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im a non-vaxxer and i have to be honest and say i 100% AGREE With the judge.
    If I had hep i would have vaccinated my children for it.

This case is ALOT more than a 'i dont vaccinate' debate. There are more factors involved here.

Its like saying 'i dont want a c-section' but ending up with a baby in destress and about to die if a c-section isnt performed!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

beebs  (24-05-2012),Misschief  (24-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Agree with the judge.

Whilst I think parents have the right to make decisions for their own children, it has to be within reason. If the parents' decision puts the child's life, health or safety at significant risk then it's understandable why another body needs to step in. Obviously it's hard to draw that line though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    From what I just read the child had a 10-20% chance of contracting hep b with a further 25% if they did contract it of getting liver disease or liver cancer. I don't know, doesn't seem like a very strong case to me (over all a 5% chance?) Was she planning on breastfeeding? I read it can be passed on that way as well. I don't know, personally I probably would of given my child the vaccination but I'm not sure I agree with the judge making this decision for that family.

Eta I am also very uncomfortable with this happening in regards to setting a pretext for other families wanting to make an informed decision in regards to their children. It's a horrible big old can of worms IMO.
    A 5% chance of developing liver cirrhosis and/or liver cancer is very high. I wouldn't want to hear that my kid had a 5% chance of a death sentence (which is what those conditions are).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

wrena  (24-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    No one should be forced to inject medicine, I find it extremely disturbing that parents/baby could be forced into this I am not sure of their reason, but one of our reasons for not vaccinating is that alot of vaccines (including hep B) originated from aborted foetal cells, this might be a reason for them too?
    These days the vaccines that used to be cultured with human fetal cells, are now cultured with chick embryos. That is why parents who have children that are allergic for egg protein, need to discuss their child's severity of their reactions, with their doctor before deciding for or against vaccinating their child with that particular vaccine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It depends which vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    These days the vaccines that used to be cultured with human fetal cells, are now cultured with chick embryos. That is why parents who have children that are allergic for egg protein, need to discuss their child's severity of their reactions, with their doctor before deciding for or against vaccinating their child with that particular vaccine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    It depends which vaccine.
    no it doesn't..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

beebs  (24-05-2012)