+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Would it be Hep B though? Isn't Hep C the one that affects the liver, is in curable and is possibly life threatening if un treated etc?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Would it be Hep B though? Isn't Hep C the one that affects the liver, is in curable and is possibly life threatening if un treated etc?
    A judge who ordered an infected mother to vaccinate her newborn child against Hepatitis B has reignited debate about the rights of parents.

________

From your link.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry, Thermolicious I re- wrote my post to say 'even though it says Hep B' etc, but for some reason it didn't edit for me.

Either way, both aren't good to contract, especially as an infant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons that won't allow any injections containing human or animal matter? (some vaccines have chicken or bovine extracts in them) it's not from the bible but their own scriptures I think ?
    The old testament has a text about not consuming blood (Leviticus 17:10-14 forbade the eating or drinking of blood) but nothing about injecting vaccines!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (18-05-2012)

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hepatitis is essentially swelling of the liver. So any form A,B or C affect the liver.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (19-05-2012),Mod-Uniquey  (18-05-2012),Mopoke  (24-05-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I think it's the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons that won't allow any injections containing human or animal matter? (some vaccines have chicken or bovine extracts in them) it's not from the bible but their own scriptures I think ?
    The old testament has a text about not consuming blood (Leviticus 17:10-14 forbade the eating or drinking of blood) but nothing about injecting vaccines!
    From what I read the hep b vac is based yeast and doesn't contain anything like that...I could be wrong though I only had a quick read.

Eta. ENGERIX-B is made without any human blood or blood products, or any other substances of human origin.
    The manufacture of this product includes exposure to bovine derived materials. No evidence exists that any case of vCJD (considered to be the human form of bovine spongiform encephalopathy) has resulted from the administration of any vaccine product.

Eta. No worries Uniquey
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 18-05-2012 at 16:10.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with the judge. I cant imagine someone NOT vaccinating when the child would be exposed to that disease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow. My father has hep b and c and I chose to have it done even though some of my friends don't agree with it and decline. I think if your child is at a risk of contracting it you should definitely get it. It's awful once it eventually starts harming you. It can take many years to take effect but the complications can kill you. Hep b is transmitted by all bodily fluids. Hep c is blood only

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Infants born to a mother who has hepb who have the vaccine within 12 hours of birth then have a 5-15 percent chance of being infected it is much higher if the vaccine is not administered. If no vaccine is given then the body has no way of fighting the infection and can become very ill and suffer long term medical problems. I have seen mothers who have had complications of bleeding during pregnancy and had hep b and had to terminate as the unborn child is infected and nothing can be done( as far as I know). All children should be given a chance to be healthy and by giving this child the vaccine it might help them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lulu 2 For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (24-05-2012)

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nicely put Lulu. All children should be given the chance to be healthy. Completely agree with the judge and am thankful we live in a society where children can be protected from harm in this way.