+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default North West Brisbane Private Hospital

Hi there

I'm searching for a hospital and North West is the closest private to where I live. I'm looking for current feedback on North West as I've heard both good and bad feedback about it.

Wanting to know how long average stay is, are the midwives good and anything else you think I need to know.

Any recommendations for obs would be appreciated as well.

TIA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I stayed there, and loved it. Going back again when number 2 shows up! (Going there for IVF atm).

I saw Bob Watson, who I would highly recommend. He treated me for fertility problems prior to DD, and saw me throughout my pregnancy with her. I also saw Hasan Titiz when Bob was away, and he was good too.

I stayed there 4 nights, and had a c-section. The midwives were all very lovely, and I had no complaints. Generally great all round.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

pink ribbon  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I stayed there too, I had Dr Jamie Friebe, I LOVED staying there, rooms are nice and spacious, not too big of a place either... free parking, food was pretty good for hospital food. lol. The rooms are huge, and you have your OWN bathroom... yaay.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    What out of pocket expenses did you have for the ob's? ( watson/ friebe / titiz) Id love to stay with bob watson but dont think he's available for that month.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shackles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both my bubs were delivered by Terry Sheehan! I love him!!!

My out of pocket fee preg management fee was $1800, I think each appointment with him was 60 and with his midwife Jenny was 25??

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hospital was great!! The new wing is awesome (have just had two friends have bubs as well). I stayed 6 days for first c-section (only because bub was in special care) My second c-section I took the early discharge option and checked out after two days.... Both experiences were great!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My friend is a middie there and she reckons that most women at north west end up with c-sections.

if you are ok with that then its fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    My friend is a middie there and she reckons that most women at north west end up with c-sections.

if you are ok with that then its fine.
    I think there's some truth to that.... But out of my friends who went to NW 3 of us had c-sections, and 4 of us had natural births so it seemed (one even had 2 vbacs)..... I think they are in line with most private hospitals in Brisbane with a roughly a third of women having c-sections....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had both my babies at NWPH under Dr Sheahan and wouldnt go to anyone else or anywhere else, cannot give one negative loved it all. Yes they have a high csection rate as a lot of women choose to have their elective csections there as the obs are such good surgeons and the aftercare is so great.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post: