+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I can't stand my SIL

I know it's awful and she is only 19 but she acts like a 12yo!!

I can't stand her being near DD and it makes me furious when I'm at my in laws house and she is holding DD and takes her into her room and post things on Fb like 'oh the best thing that ever happened to me' and 'this is MY girl' etc.

The other night I had them over for dinner and firstly half way through dinner she said 'oh I think I might have gastro' <-- excuse me but if you think you have gastro don't come to my house and smother my daughter!!

And then to top it off she put something in my laundry and then in front of everyone told me that 'never in her life had she seen anything so disgusting' I was mortified and couldn't say anything.. I wanted to cry I was so embarrassed!!

I know she just doesn't get it but she was so incredibly rude. I felt like I had to justify why there was washing in my laundry.. Jeez they're lucky it was all in my laundry and not on my couch or on my dining table which is where it was 2 hours earlier.

Now I don't even want to see her an I certainly don't want her anywhere near DD..

Ok vent over!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CB12 View Post

I can't stand her being near DD and it makes me furious when I'm at my in laws house and she is holding DD and takes her into her room and post things on Fb like 'oh the best thing that ever happened to me' and 'this is MY girl' etc.

The other night I had them over for dinner and firstly half way through dinner she said 'oh I think I might have gastro' <-- excuse me but if you think you have gastro don't come to my house and smother my daughter!!

And then to top it off she put something in my laundry and then in front of everyone told me that 'never in her life had she seen anything so disgusting' I was mortified and couldn't say anything.. I wanted to cry I was so embarrassed!!

I know she just doesn't get it but she was so incredibly rude. I felt like I had to justify why there was washing in my laundry.. Jeez they're lucky it was all in my laundry and not on my couch or on my dining table which is where it was 2 hours earlier.

Now I don't even want to see her an I certainly don't want her anywhere near DD..

Ok vent over!!!
    Do we have the same SIL?

Mine is also 19 (turns 20 in sep)
    And she acts like she is 12 too...

What you have said is word for word my SIL.

No really advise as I haven't yet figured out how to deal with her, no matter what I say she just won't get it!

You can PM me if you like to have some big Vents about it
    And we can share horrible experiences.

I won't post some of the things she has done because it's quite rude what she has said/done and I think some might be offended by her "opinions"

One of the things she said to me after dd was born was "wow it's amazing how those women on the biggest looser look so much better after they have lost all there fat" she then turned to me "when are you going to loose weight? It must be depressing not being able to shop in *Normal* shops"

I think I cried for a few hours after that..
    I was 125kgs then.. I have lost weight and I'm now 75kgs she says to me the other day "you don't look as disgusting as you use to, you still have a way to go though"

She also tried to discipline DD.. Yells at her all the time, smacks her hand *i lost my **** at that one*
    I could go on and on and on...

Pure immaturity.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

CharlieBug  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm I understand the gastro situation but personally, everything else i'd probably just shrug off.

ExDPs second cousin comes up to visit their family, i've met her twice and she's only met DS twice but she posts pics of DS on facey saying he's the love of her life blah blah but meh.... im just happy that my DS is so adored and loved.

With the comments i'd just tell her infront of everyone to stop being immature or overreacting and just pt her right back in the place she belongs

As long as she isnt physically harming or is mean then i dont see a big problem but each to their own
    Last edited by Bennos Mummy; 18-05-2012 at 12:10. Reason: typos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    She sounds like a pain in the rear!

I would consider pulling her up next time she makes a really rude comment. Some people are rude without even realising and it sounds like she is one of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    Do we have the same SIL?

Mine is also 19 (turns 20 in sep)
    And she acts like she is 12 too...

What you have said is word for word my SIL.

No really advise as I haven't yet figured out how to deal with her, no matter what I say she just won't get it!

You can PM me if you like to have some big Vents about it
    And we can share horrible experiences.

I won't post some of the things she has done because it's quite rude what she has said/done and I think some might be offended by her "opinions"

One of the things she said to me after dd was born was "wow it's amazing how those women on the biggest looser look so much better after they have lost all there fat" she then turned to me "when are you going to loose weight? It must be depressing not being able to shop in *Normal* shops"

I think I cried for a few hours after that..
    I was 125kgs then.. I have lost weight and I'm now 75kgs she says to me the other day "you don't look as disgusting as you use to, you still have a way to go though"

She also tried to discipline DD.. Yells at her all the time, smacks her hand *i lost my **** at that one*
    I could go on and on and on...

Pure immaturity.
    Oh my lord.. I'd have lost it if my SIL ever said anything like that!!

I find that she annoys me more than anyone else and I try really hard not to let her get to me. I know a lot of the time I'm just being precious and she loves DD but no one else acts the way she does!

Another time when DP asked her to get out of DD's face when she was trying to go to sleep SIL told him to stop being bossy.

Unfortunately it is an immaturity thing and both DP and I have spoken to her about the things she says and does and she either gets upset or says she was just joking when she said it..

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is it with 19 year old SIL's? They must all be mental?! I've got one like that too.

At first all her craziness was pure love for our DD, she just was a bit OTT about it, all over FB and all up in my FB grill. It was innocent so I tried not to get annoyed with her.

But then she got a bit psycho about it. See, she is DH's half sister (from father's second marriage) but DH is a lot closer to his step sister (from stepfather's first marriage), who is the same age as her, and who we happen to live closest to. She is psychotically jealous of the step sister and our relationship to her. She keeps asking/saying "Is 'Step sister's name' an aunty? Well she shouldn't be because she's not blood related. She's not related to 'DD' really, she's not blood related. She shouldn't be an aunty". I keep telling her that she is DH's sister too and she is an aunty, but SIL is obsessed!

Oh, and as a little aside that I'm not really annoyed with but goes to show how much she doesn't filter the stupid things that come out of her mouth. We were all talking about Foxtel and how we've never had it because we wouldn't watch it enough to make the expense worth while. She said "Well you can get it now, will give you something to do during the day". I just laughed!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to curlyhead21 For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Ok vent over!!!
    You MUST be talking about my SIL, surely there isnt another one out there!! Except even worse mines is PREGNANT!! Due 10 weeks after me.

Everything is harmless, and its lovely that shes loves me DS (and in your case your DD so much) it really is. but oh my god, she irritates me SO much, and because of that I cant help but just not like anything shes does!

I know, mean huh! especially as I'm nearly 7 years older and am the bigger person!! I have to remind myself not to stoop to her level sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my lord.. I'd have lost it if my SIL ever said anything like that!!

I find that she annoys me more than anyone else and I try really hard not to let her get to me. I know a lot of the time I'm just being precious and she loves DD but no one else acts the way she does!

Another time when DP asked her to get out of DD's face when she was trying to go to sleep SIL told him to stop being bossy.

Unfortunately it is an immaturity thing and both DP and I have spoken to her about the things she says and does and she either gets upset or says she was just joking when she said it..
    Yeah.. But I tell her where to go when she says those things but she will just start at me impression-less as if I have spoken another langue..
    People are always picking her up on what she says but *it* *does* *not* *compute* lol.

She dances around like a princess, she even dresses up like Cinderella ect and puts 100000.00000.0000 pictures up of her dress ups on Facebook lol. The latest one has been her making a "princess crown" out of a lamp shade
    Honestly she acts like she is living in fairy land!

She has never had a boyfriend (nothing wrong with that) but she will always asks me extremely personal questions about Dh and I's sex life
    When I tell her I'm not answering any of her questions she goes on and on about how she just wants to be prepared for when she gets a boyfriend.. That's all good and great but buy some books ask your mum or ask me questions in general that dont inviole DH.
    Don't ask me to tell you what your brothers private parts look like and don't ask me how many times a week we have sex!!

She will sit there and just pick me apart.. Then expect me to have a D&M with her?? Wtf??

The biggest one that upset me was on my wedding day she said to DH, in front of the best man and my bridesmaides "oh *DH name* you and Rach are just going to be divorced before this marriage can even get anywhere, but it's ok because I love you"
    Don't ask me what that even means.. I don't know what she was meaning by it but i don't think anyone can find something nice out of it.

When I was pregnant she wanted to be there for the birth, I told her no it would just be me and DH.
    She got the sh!ts and didn't see our dd until weeks after she was born.

She also asked DH if sex was different now that I had a baby, she wanted to know if I had "stretched"

Once Dh and I were playing touch football with his brothers and his mum.
    SIL sat out, Dh and I were mucking around and some how DH backhanded me in the head and I fell, I had a concussion and had to go up to the hospital.
    Obviously when I received the concussion I was woozy and not talking right ect.
    she told every one she could that I had taken street drugs and ended up in hospital!! She even posted it on Facebook
    She thought this because before I started the game I had "popped some pills" which were my iron tablets and contraceptive pill.. We were camping at the time so OF COURSE I'm going to carry my daily Pills in my bag..
    I have never even seen street drugs let alone take them.. She apologized to me in the end after DH went crazy at her. So at least she said sorry

Honestly she drives me bat sh!t crazy!!

It's more the little annoying things that really get me boiling up inside!
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 18-05-2012 at 15:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is 33 and still can't get her sh!t together!
    She is a compulsive liar has bee eatranged from the family for about 15 years but is one of these people who believes she is a victim and everyone is out to get her....
    Tell you what though, if she continues to upset and stress my poor father in law out any more she is going to get the beat down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siege View Post
    Mine is 33 and still can't get her sh!t together!
    She is a compulsive liar has bee eatranged from the family for about 15 years but is one of these people who believes she is a victim and everyone is out to get her....
    Tell you what though, if she continues to upset and stress my poor father in law out any more she is going to get the beat down
    You must be talking about MY sister !!! SHe is 31 and all of the above!!!! I am a twin, we had exactly the same upbrining, yet she is on another planet!!!! Can't trust a word that comes out of her mouth, lies about the most bizarre stuff and is ALWAYS the victim. Unfortunately, after 31 years of sticking up for her and always trying to help her and getting it almways thrown back in my face, I've had enough & cut ties - there's only so much you can handle sometimes!