+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to get that spark back?

As the title sugests, i am wondering how i can get the spark back with my DP..

Lately he has just been getting on my nerves about EVERYTHING. I feel unappreciated, taken for granted etc and just feeling 'off' him. But of course 'it's all my fault' LOL. We are always bickering because of something, and just lately not seeing eye to eye. We hardly fight, its more just bickering every now and again but lately more so. We dont have sex as much as we use to, the spark has literally just disappeared!

How do you all get the spark back in your relationship? I need some tips!

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing because I could have written this post word for word

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are we married to the same man? Lol!

Same with my DH, we bicker and it's ALWAYS my fault, but at the end of the day I just remind myself how much I love him and how much he does for us... He adores his family which is the main thing...
    That's how I get past all of the things that really annoys me about him...

It's hard though, the whole sex and intimacy thing... That can cause more strain on any relationship than bickering (so they say)
    DH haven't in like 3 months :/
    Which I'm sure he's frustrated about!

I'm hoping it's down to the fact that there is a 36 week baby between us and it's killing the romance..,lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So also subscribing because I could use some tips also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing too

We're in the same boat...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its just a matter if trying to focus on their good points rather than the negative which is easy to do when u have been with someone for a long time. Try not to take the little things that annoy you personally. Also when we bicker and i feel like he is being unreasonable or unfair i try to see things from his point of view to try and work out why he feels that way rather than focus on what a doosh i think he is being. Makes me see it from a different perspective. Make sure u give lots of hugs and kisses like u did in the beginning and let him know you are attracted to him and that u want him. Works for me!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Brandnewbeginnings  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ah sorry i don't have any suggestions as i need them myself.. I also could have written your post OP. maybe someone else can help all of us!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and i think pregnancy just makes a man feel wierd about dtd....i know it did with my DH. He said all he could focus on was that there was a person inside my tummy lol so i think thats normal!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    And here i was thinking i was the only one going through this haha..

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're in the midst of this too. Here are the things we have been doing lately.
    A date night. It was our first in 3 months and it made SUCH a difference. We both got tipsy. Had a good laugh together. Came home and actually felt like s$x and the afterglow of the whole evening lasted for days.
    Since then I've remembered what things used to be like BC (before children) and we're making more of an effort.
    Being more physically affectionate. Taking time to kiss and hug, rub back etc in the day. I believe its good for the kids to see you doing this, too. Reinforces naturally that mummy and daddy love each other!
    Trying to go to bed early and together instead of staying up watching tv. Doesn't have to lead to anything, but just having the opportunity helps.
    Spending positive time together as a family on weekend and seeing it as a time to bond as parents. We've been going to the park with take away coffees. Laughed together over kids antics and I've got the warm and fuzzies watching DH play with them. It's simple and nice
    Also spend some time looking at self and root cause of irritation. I found I was annoyed by my situation but taking it out on DH, so now we are working together on ways to make my week more pleasant, rather than dragging DH down to my level of unhappiness!
    Hope some of these ideas help.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucy in the Sky For This Useful Post:

jade84  (18-05-2012),Mod-Zeddie  (18-05-2012)