+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=MummyOf2Sweeties;6569835 And I get embarrassed if I go for a walk and push the double pram up one of the many hills around here coz I get so puffed and then on top of it I have asthma which I no isn't a excuse[/QUOTE]

If it helps, whenever I see a mum pushing a pram for exercise I think "You go girl! Good on you!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to threechooks For This Useful Post:

scarymarygoldfish  (18-05-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You need to get your body moving, you cant let your embarressment getnin the way. You wont lose weight unles you move.

eating clean, ditch the processed stuff, good lean proteins, fresh fruit and vegies.

I know it sounds too simple to be true, but it is. Whatever change you make you need to give it a good six weeks to find out weather its going to work for you or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wii fit is a great start, it worked for me. Aim for 30 mins a day & make it your priority over housework etc. It's hard at first, but once you are in a routine you will catch up.

Cutting out sugar worked for me too. I was always tired and relied on sugar to get me through the day. It was a vicious cycle. Once I had cut it out I felt so much better and by balancing my carbs out over the day have lost 20kgs.

I'll always have to watch my diet closely and exercise at least 3 times a week, but I can handle that. I'm still tired (from working mostly) but I feel so much better.

Exercise dvds are great too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a struggle I know where you are coming from I have at least 50 kilos to lose it feels so daunting as it seems a lot. I am no in the process of researching my diet etc I start again on Monday. Try to have small goals I am aiming for 5 kilos first up when I hit that 5 kilos aim for another 5 kilos try not to look at the big picture just the small pictures along the way. Change your diet slowly at first eliminate one bad thing to replace with a healthy choice if you find it too much at once say cut out white bread or swap it there is a website call www.swapit.gov.au teaches you to swap bad choices for more healthier ones. Keep up with the exercise and you will soon be walking those hills with ease.,good luck with your journey I'm sure you will do fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been on a bit of a health kick the past month, the spare tyre around my middle was making me feel "blahhhh" and I couldn't fit into last winters jeans. My worst time of day was in the evenings when I would pick and nibble and at anything I could get my hands on.

I set myself a healthy diet, with no snacks in-between and I always have a drink bottle handy, if I feel like eating something I have a drink instead.

Exercising is really hard, I work 3 days a week and find it difficult the rest of the week. I have started doing step ups on a small plastic stool - in front of the TV after the kids have gone to bed. I try and make myself go for 30 minutes, when my legs get tired I walk around the lounge and kitchen, have a drink and then back to the steps. It's not much but i figure it is better than nothing. Last weekend when DH was away I walked around the clothesline, backyard, down the driveway and up the other side of the house. neighbors must have wondered what this crazy lady was doing walking around her house!! If DH is home on the weekends I go for a walk by myself for 45 minutes.

After 4 weeks I am seeing some results and I can get back into last years jeans. I don't have any scales so I have no idea how much i have lost. For me I find it easier to give myself a goal such as fitting into a particular item of clothing rather than regular weighing.

Goodluck!

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I don't have many people that I can just talk to. I left all my friends in Perth when I moved to qld with DP and have found it very hard to make new friends. So hearing all these encouraging words are great xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 little ones too and find it hard to co-ordinate leaving the house to exercise. The best thing I ever did is hire a treadmill- I can run down and do even 15 mins- don't have to get everything organised to leave the house. It is brilliant. Also, no white carbs after lunch helped me, but I think the secret is to move, move, move. The tready stripped the weight off quickly as my fitness went up. Go girl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyOf2Sweeties View Post
    I neeeeeeed to lose like 40kgs . . . I weigh like 85kgs
    What do you mean you need to lose 40kgs? That sounds a bit much. 20kgs seems much more realistic (although admittedly I don't know your height or frame size).

My biggest was 80kgs 2.5 years ago. I got sick of feeling yuck, so I cut out all the crap and started moving. I lost 16kgs and have kept it off for 2 years, and I'm confident my weight will never get out of hand again.

It takes time. Be patient. Don't do anything excessive that will burn you out (like fad diets or hitting the gym 7 days straight away), and don't get disheartened if you fall off the wagon. Of course you are going to eat chocolate biscuits and crisps, just not the amount you are used to.

I often buy motivational magazines like Weight Watchers, Healthy Food Guide, and Women's Health to keep me going, especially when I'm starting to slip. And they're always good to pass on to friends when you're finished with them.

DON'T EVER BE EMBARRASED. So what if you have to stop for a breather (especially if you suffer from asthma) at the top of a hill? I'm sure you're being more paranoid just thinking about it than when you're actually doing it. I live in the bottom of a valley also and my walks are always steep. There's a mum I see pushing a double pram up these hills and I always think "Good for you!" I have upmost respect because I know how bloody hard it is.

If you need a little kick every now and then, come on here and we'll all keep each other motivated. Health and fitness is such a wonderful addiction, and I really hope you catch the bug.
    Last edited by scarymarygoldfish; 20-05-2012 at 14:51.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scarymarygoldfish For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (18-05-2012),Jensha  (18-05-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol yea it's more like 30kgs. Im pretty short. Thanks for that I'm going to try my best

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Change in eating habits (not a diet but a lifestyle change) and exercise (wii fit, walking and then xbox kinect exercises) are the only things that helped me loose 28kgs.

I used to get up before the children and do 30 initially and built up to 60 minutes of exercise a minimum five days a week. Once I dropped around 15kg and felt a bit more comfortable with myself I'd go walking.

I've never joined a gym and the kids are always with me, so I fit exercise in with them. My DS dances with me when I play a Zumba game or play the dance games ... so it is good for both of us.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (18-05-2012)