+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have an internet music video channel on our tv that we can create playlists. DD is very interested in dance so we have created playlists with lots of dance, nothing sexual more break dance stuff she loves Delta goodrems new song and the video is very kid friendly, also a good up beat song to sing along too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    Oh how I wish I could be a responsible parent like the rest of bub hub, but I just don't have the energy Come to think of it, when DD was 3 I took a video of her singing 'teenage dream'. Y Katy Perry along with the film clip ......

'let's go all the way tonight, no regrets, just love
    We can dance until we die,
    You and I will be young forever
    You make me feel like I'm living a teenage drea
    The way you turn me on'

I thought it was cute.

Probably shouldn't post it on bubhub though......
    Yeah...nah... It's actually your sarcastic tone that you shouldn't post on bubhub. I resent being made out to feel as though I am acting 'holier than thou' just because I'm passionate about this particular issue.
    Last edited by faroutbrusselsprout; 18-05-2012 at 14:44.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

austmum  (19-05-2012),Busy-Bee  (18-05-2012),Etienne  (19-05-2012),Liddybugs  (18-05-2012),share a book  (18-05-2012),twotrunks  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    No, we're very selective in our household.

I get my fill of music clips at the gym anyway. Anything by lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Beonce and a few others I shudder at.

Although I have a good snigger at Sexy and I Know It Not bc it's a male but bc it's purely satirical and poking fun at themselves. Mind you I've never let the kids see it, those bouncing balls will scar them for life

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kids watch the disney channel. And that sometimes ****es me off. With the adds about every girls wants to be a princess :/ very sterotyped. We don't watch music on tv. It's boring. We listen to the radio and stuff that's it. They arnt aloud to listen to my DPs Fav which is rnb rap stuff with all the swearing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    no because i personally cant stand them and the adds.
    We have the ipod going pretty much all day, dd is only 15mths but loves her music.
    Last edited by Hunkamunka; 18-05-2012 at 14:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Elmo parody'I'm Elmo and I know it' and DS loves it, I have had the music channels on but I myself get sick of seeing Rhianna grabbing her crouch every chorus.

Does she have a UTI?

I love music and so does DS but I prefer to just play my iPod that way I don't have to see women like jLo, Britney and whoever else magically bounced back after having babies and my child doesn't see crotch-grabbers!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bohogirls For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bohogirls View Post
    Does she have a UTI?
    I know it's a serious subject but this made me lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

T 800  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We organised the Relay For Life music last year and the year before. The first year we did not think to tell people what they can or cannot sing. We explained to them what RFL was about, how it was a community event, how there would be many people fighting it, many who survived, their family and carers, and the family and carers of those who lost their battle. We trusted them to make good choices. A 14 year old sang a certain song by Rhiannah.

Likewise, at a youth music competition (12 to 25 year olds), a 15 year old sang that same song. How the judges accepted it is beyond me considering there were rules on swearing. She had ero tic moves and a little outfit to go with it. She made it to the finals and I was disgusted with the judges for allowing it, horrified that she got to finals with it, and in utter disbelief that her parents were ok with it and chose the outfit. She was a single mum battling drug addictions by 17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    Oh how I wish I could be a responsible parent like the rest of bub hub, but I just don't have the energy Come to think of it, when DD was 3 I took a video of her singing 'teenage dream'. Y Katy Perry along with the film clip ......

'let's go all the way tonight, no regrets, just love
    We can dance until we die,
    You and I will be young forever
    You make me feel like I'm living a teenage drea
    The way you turn me on'

I thought it was cute.

Probably shouldn't post it on bubhub though......
    The thought of this makes me feel... Just, yuck. A three year old singing about being turned on. I know she wouldn't understand what it means but it shocks me that parents let their children listen to / watch this stuff, and even encourage it by filming it. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to say your a bad mum, I just feel that way about it. It makes me sad that little girls are prancing around to songs like that.

I haven't read all the thread so I don't know if it's be mentioned, but I really detest the whole obsession with that little Sophie Grace girl singing Nicky Minaj songs. I think it's completely inappropriate.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, judgemental!
    Someone is a drug addict because they watched music videos. Discrimination much?

While my kids don't watch them I don't judge parents who do allow.