+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are allowed to watch some. I use youtube to watch the ones I know aren't too bad. Plus it's teaching them awesome music! Nothing from the last 10 or so years lol. DH listens to all kids of crap, he loves rap. I make him turn it off when the kids are around because of the swearing, etc. I also banned my mother from playing a certain song around the kids after my 4 year old came back from a visit to nanna's house singing about her "lovely lady lumps".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Yes they do we don't censor much here they are gonna hear and see it in school anyway.
    What!?!? Showing music video clips at school??? When do this become part of the curriculum?!?!? I'm ringing DS's school straight away!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

austmum  (19-05-2012),brooke88(mum2b09)  (18-05-2012),shelle65  (18-05-2012),twotrunks  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I listen to and watch video clips on you tube which i know are appropriate for DD to watch. I don't watch any on Tv because I don't particularly like the music of today but DD loves sitting with me and watching, dancing to the type of music I watch/listen to. It will not harm her to watch a Backstreet Boys film clip. I do however have to listen to a few of the clips people have posted on youtube claiming to be dora or the wiggles. Some people put disgusting remixes online and parents are unaware until their child is listening to the filth, so I always make sure it is what it says it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Very rarely will i put on the music channels while he is home. He has seen a few esp when him and emma would dance but he was more into the dancing part.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No way. It's basically soft p*rn.

I suppose if I wanted to teach my son how to totally objectify women it'd be a good start!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep.

But about 99% of the music videos they see were made years before even I was born and are mostly mop haired youths in flower power suits with watermark effects going on.

Still living in the 60s.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why would I want my precious daughter to watch that filth! It makes me sick how these women who are suppose to be role models basically saying its ok to be a **** and it makes you popular!
    And why would I want her to learn the seductive dance moves that they show?
    No music videos in this house!!

Sent from my MotoA953 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Music is a big part of our family. Dh used to play music for a living before we got married.

There is no way on earth I would let my kids watch music video until they were of a age where they are able to recognise what is ok and what not. So in this house that 16years old and not when there are other kids in the house.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, my daughter watches the same music clips I do...
    Having said that I do t watch any pop clips or like the music as I think it's over sexualised crap....
    So the clips she watches are quite ok

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    Cause I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it
    Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it
    Sticks and stones may break my bones
    But chains and whips excite me
    I'm no prude; I happily discuss sex, conception, homosexuality, periods, contraception, STIs, you name it, and all from an early age.

But I change the station if this song comes on and my children are in the car.

And to answer the OP, I'm fine with certain video clips (like when the music channels do an 80s special) but most top 40 is inappropriate for my children.