+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Just a shame that empowering is seen as taking clothes off when it comes to women

Not empowering that they are talented, empowering that they could only receive funding to play because they get their gear off.

People who take their children to these events should be charged under the same act that stops us from being allowed to take children under 18 into topless clubs and adult shops. Absolutely disgusting.
    It is a shame.
    But I don't think that women should be excluded from taking part if SHE wishes.

I've had a friend who enjoyed stripping just for fun.
    And she was very good at it!
    All the girls she worked with enjoyed themselves and we're empowered women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, I'm sure women who get to that level of sport dream of being able to play in their underwear.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (30-05-2012),delirium  (29-05-2012),misskittyfantastico  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Yes, I'm sure women who get to that level of sport dream of being able to play in their underwear.
    Because you don't dream of that, does that mean that those who DO should be disadvantaged?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpz View Post
    Because you don't dream of that, does that mean that those who DO should be disadvantaged?
    I have spent 17 years getting to the top of my game in something, I'm talking 4- 8 hours or practise a day every day for years. I guarantee you, when you are that involved and dedicated to something, you want people to see it for what it is, blood, sweat and tears.

So either, those women really aren't that good anyway - or they are not getting credit where credit is due. Either way - it is just sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It is a shame.
    But I don't think that women should be excluded from taking part if SHE wishes.

I've had a friend who enjoyed stripping just for fun.
    And she was very good at it!
    All the girls she worked with enjoyed themselves and we're empowered women.
    This is interesting, every single woman I have ever known who ended up working in the sex industry had a terrible life, seriously -horrid family situations, drugs, homelessness. I think they must work at different places from your friend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    If a woman dreams of being objectifed, she only has to walk down the street in her undies. Or in clothes, we live in a patriarchy after all.

Sport is different. It's years of training, dedication, skill. This "sport" is undermining and disempowering genuine sportswomen and women in general.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have spent 17 years getting to the top of my game in something, I'm talking 4- 8 hours or practise a day every day for years. I guarantee you, when you are that involved and dedicated to something, you want people to see it for what it is, blood, sweat and tears.

So either, those women really aren't that good anyway - or they are not getting credit where credit is due. Either way - it is just sad.
    I'm not disagreeing with you on those points...

But why is it so hard to believe that some women enjoy these activities?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is interesting, every single woman I have ever known who ended up working in the sex industry had a terrible life, seriously -horrid family situations, drugs, homelessness. I think they must work at different places from your friend
    Must have!

My friend didn't do drugs, barely drank and ran her own costume making business alongside her fashion design business and shop!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Purpz For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like hooters but worse. Who in their right mind would take a young child to that. Hubby and I chat about how scared we are for our daughter to grow up in this world. Where young girls are so easily influenced and young boys growing up seeing women disrespecting themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katezane View Post
    Sounds like hooters but worse. Who in their right mind would take a young child to that. Hubby and I chat about how scared we are for our daughter to grow up in this world. Where young girls are so easily influenced and young boys growing up seeing women disrespecting themselves.
    It's only disrespecting yourself if you're in that line of work for the wrong reasons.. ie, drugs.

If you enjoy it, why not?