+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Sorry were u having a go at me (your first sentence)? Sorry, just asking as its hard to tell the context in which you are speaking lol.

Really? Star wars burlesque show you say... Sounds interesting!

I just find that some people think me enjoying these things is different to a male enjoying these things. It's not.
    no.

You asked what it 'made you'...

I [personally] have no issue with a woman admiring another woman's body...

But...
    society is becoming so heavily saturated with sex - I truly think things like this should have an age restriction.

Honestly if women WANT to run around pretending to play footy in their undies, fine.
    I do think it becomes a feminist issue though when there is no professional equivalent for women (fully clad in clothes and proper protective gear) who want to participate.
    ..getting fined for wearing under garments under their lacy undies - because the spectators are 'expecting' to see an 'accidental flash of fanny'.
    THAT is ridiculous.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (17-05-2012),chameleon  (29-05-2012),Deserama  (29-05-2012),Guest654  (18-05-2012),headoverfeet  (17-05-2012),misskittyfantastico  (17-05-2012),shelle65  (18-05-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (17-05-2012),T 800  (18-05-2012),WorkingClassMum  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The problem is that people aren't going to watch sport being played at an elite level, but rather that people are going to watch women rough and tumble it their knickers and bras and it's being sold as sport.

I have no problem with women playing sport at an elite level, I have a problem that in order to for these women to get paid to play they also have to sell sex.

Why can't these women just play the sport and it get enjoyed as sport? Why do they have to be sexual beings in order to sell their sport?

Men don't have to sell sex to get sponsorships or to get watched playing sport, why do some have to be reduced to this?

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (17-05-2012),chameleon  (29-05-2012),delirium  (17-05-2012),Deserama  (29-05-2012),Guest654  (18-05-2012),headoverfeet  (17-05-2012),shelle65  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I personally dont see how it's any different to men posing shirtless (and sometimes pantless) in calendars Ad the like (think the firemen calender etc), even footy players do it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (17-05-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Difference is that those footy players don't need to pose naked in order to get a crowd. They were already going to get plenty of people to come and watch them play football.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Difference is that those footy players don't need to pose naked in order to get a crowd. They were already going to get plenty of people to come and watch them play football.
    I still don't see the difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    I personally dont see how it's any different to men posing shirtless (and sometimes pantless) in calendars Ad the like (think the firemen calender etc), even footy players do it.
    Because the difference is that they are firemen, footy players, athletes etc... FIRST and then cash in on their looks.

But in order for a woman to play at the highest level in her chosen sport she must be in her bras and knickers.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (17-05-2012),chameleon  (29-05-2012),delirium  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oogled and sleazed on? That happens to women AND men, several women at DHs work have said really inappropriate stuff to him about his appearance and how they feel about that, his coworker got a series of inappropriate texts, complained about them and got jokes about being a lucky man rather than professional attitudes about a sexual harassment issue...

I can watch quality clothed women's gridiron if I want, it's not like it isn't an option.

I have two nieces who have signed up for the LL and both wouldn't have if it didn't have the fun, exhibitionist element... they're normally rugby players.

Much the same reason as some guys enjoy being shirtless when they have great bodies.

Is it wrong? Is it right? I don't see people being forced to do anything, I see people having a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Men don't have to sell sex to get sponsorships or to get watched playing sport, why do some have to be reduced to this?
    Plenty do, Dan Carter for example. The Cleo calendars are full of male athletes near nude.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

lilybean  (30-05-2012),trishalishous  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Oogled and sleazed on? That happens to women AND men, several women at DHs work have said really inappropriate stuff to him about his appearance and how they feel about that, his coworker got a series of inappropriate texts, complained about them and got jokes about being a lucky man rather than professional attitudes about a sexual harassment issue...

I can watch quality clothed women's gridiron if I want, it's not like it isn't an option.

I have two nieces who have signed up for the LL and both wouldn't have if it didn't have the fun, exhibitionist element... they're normally rugby players.

Much the same reason as some guys enjoy being shirtless when they have great bodies.

Is it wrong? Is it right? I don't see people being forced to do anything, I see people having a lot of fun.

Plenty do, Dan Carter for example. The Cleo calendars are full of male athletes near nude.
    Are you having a lend?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post

I haven't seen women's gridiron... I'm not sure it even exists? if it does I haven't seen it and I have pay TV where we get a lot of US sport.

This isn't about fun or really choice. I support their choice even if I don't agree. The issue here is that the ramifications are more than a bit of fun. Some may say I'm over analysing, but I say they are under analysing. What this tells girls is no one is interested in women's sport unless they are dressed like strippers. At least strippers work in the confines of an establishment that is strictly 18+. This is being marketed as a family event. What does it tell my girl? no one is interested unless you are semi naked. What does it tell my son? women are objects.

I actually find it rather patronising to women. That it's under the premise of sport when really no one is interested in the sport, nor their sporting abilities. They aren't there for their football skills and they are kidding themselves if they think they are. Don't you find it interesting all the woman are what society deems 'hot'? If they were chosen purely on their sport, wouldn't it be logical many wouldn't have perfect breasts and be a size 8?

At least when you go to a strip joint they don't mince what you are there for and what they offer.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (30-05-2012),beebs  (29-05-2012),Deserama  (29-05-2012),Gandalf  (29-05-2012),headoverfeet  (17-05-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (29-05-2012),MissMuppet  (29-05-2012),T 800  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Are you having a lend?
    Somewhat. I'm not a fan of people being exhibitionists, nor am I a fan of people oogling strangers. The whole concept of ones appearance equalling their worth disgusts me. That applies for both females and males, I don't think it's a feminist issue really.

But yes, my nieces are signed up and not because they can't get fame and fortune via clothed women's gridiron, but because they've seen the American version and like the mix of glamour and fun... they're a product of a society where your appearance is the measure of your worth, which is where the real issue lies for me.