+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If women in sport got equal recognition for their athletic abilities but a break away group decided that they just had to play in their undies, well fine, they have exercised their right to choose but the fact remains they do not have the option of playing at the same level as their male counterparts.

I am of the opinion that the women who have a voice have some responsibility to the women who have no voice.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (29-05-2012),Deserama  (29-05-2012),misskittyfantastico  (17-05-2012),T 800  (17-05-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I really wouldn't care if they were in crop tops, skinny shorts and referred to as "the women's league" but the mere fact it is called "the lingerie league" is actually inviting spectators to leer and ogle at the women. Their athletics are secondary.

Feminism is not just about having choices, people need to be accountable for their choices and realise that every action we do impacts our lives and those around us.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (29-05-2012),Deserama  (29-05-2012),misskittyfantastico  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Men playing in undies getting fined if they wear a jockstrap.

and a professional NON lingerie league for the women.

Both of these options would even the 'playing field' out a little...Then I'd have no issue

--- I think an age limit too....maybe 16+ would be appropriate?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course feminism is still relevant. You've only got to spend two minutes on bubhub to realise that!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-05-2012),Busy-Bee  (17-05-2012),MissMuppet  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    The day I don't get hit on, leered at, ogled and sleazed on walking down the street is when there is real choice for women to do things in whatever clothing or lack of clothing they want. Until then, things like lingerie football only serve to teach both men and women, young and old that women are to be looked at and men are to look.
    You have no idea how many women do exactly the same thing.
    Its human nature. Take it for what it is. Human being a visual men more so then women but both do the same.
    You dont just have a mind you also have a body, people will look it's what humans do. Now of course there is a right way to go about it.

There is a show in the US it's a talk show similar to the view.
    Anyway they where talking about a story I will be short and sweet about it.
    It goes like this - there was a couple the husband came home and asked for a divorce the woman was angry so she chopped his penis off.
    Now these women on the show where laughing their heads off about it. Saying how funny it was that his penis got chopped off etc.
    When one of the women on the show said "it ain't funny" she was quickly shut down and told its not the same thing. ( as it would be if it happened to a woman)
    Now if that was a bunch of guys talking about how hilarious it was that some husband chopped his wife's breasts off, they would have no job on Monday.
    My point being that both men and women must look at their actions.
    Men also get the short end of the stick, even in the media.
    We must be equal, we can not be equal at the expense of the opposite sex.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

lilybean  (30-05-2012),Sunshinemoonlight  (18-05-2012),trishalishous  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I don't subscribe to the 'just don't watch it' mentality. Sometimes more is needed than just ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away. If people like it, fine. I'm not ok with it however.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead View Post
    Dont let your kids watch then??
    I seriously dont know anyone who would take their child to one of those games. Some things are meant for adults, so in that sense maybe there should be age restrictions on who can watch.

And no, nrl players arent wearing only undies, but i'm sure there are a few of us who will admit to imagining them running round in much less.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub
    Call me difficult but I'm just not one of those bury-my-head-in-the-sand when it comes to this sort of stuff. Frankly I'd rather it not be there in the first place so I didn't have to adjust my life around making sure my kids don't see it.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    It goes like this - there was a couple the husband came home and asked for a divorce the woman was angry so she chopped his penis off.
    Now these women on the show where laughing their heads off about it. Saying how funny it was that his penis got chopped off etc.
    When one of the women on the show said "it ain't funny" she was quickly shut down and told its not the same thing. ( as it would be if it happened to a woman)
    I don't want to distract from the thread topic but I've also come across this attitude before and I find it repugnant.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (29-05-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    You have no idea how many women do exactly the same thing.
    I very rarely see women to the same thing.

Its human nature. Take it for what it is. Human being a visual men more so then women but both do the same.
    Hmm, how 'bout no. Why should I have to 'take it for what it is'. Why should I have to put up with being leered at in the street?

You dont just have a mind you also have a body, people will look it's what humans do. Now of course there is a right way to go about it.
    There is looking and there is leering. And what we are taught via the various visual texts that surround us is that women are objects.

Now if that was a bunch of guys talking about how hilarious it was that some husband chopped his wife's breasts off, they would have no job on Monday.
    My point being that both men and women must look at their actions.
    Men also get the short end of the stick, even in the media.
    We must be equal, we can not be equal at the expense of the opposite sex.
    I agree, there is nothing funny about that. However, I fail to see its relevance.

Society also fails men. Men are turned into creatures who can't control their base behaviours. They are constantly told that it is virtually expected of them. That is harmful to both men and women.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-05-2012),Deserama  (29-05-2012),MissMuppet  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Society also fails men. Men are turned into creatures who can't control their base behaviours. They are constantly told that it is virtually expected of them. That is harmful to both men and women.
    Agreed. look at that thread a few days ago asking how often couples had sex, and a few women said men need sex, they will cheat if they can't get it, they can't help themselves blah blah. Those type of statements do nothing but box men into pigeon holes and act to disservice them.... and sadly this is common. Men are told that men have to be constantly sexual creatures or they aren't men.

This panty football insults men as much as it does women.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-05-2012),Deserama  (29-05-2012),MissMuppet  (29-05-2012),WorkingClassMum  (17-05-2012)