+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead View Post
    I honestly think some people just take life too seriously. I'm sure these women wouldn't be playing if they felt degraded in any way. Perhaps they feel empowered.
    Of course men are going to watch and have a bit of a perve, much the same way as I have a perve when watching the nrl.
    If you dont like it, dont watch it. It really is that simple.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub
    NRL players don't play in undies!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

delirium  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I'm genuinely curious as to what you would say if they said "mummy why aren't they wearing any clothes?"
    I would say "because they are entertainers. Remember the ladies at the circus? It's just a costume like they wore". For what it's worth, the ladies in the circus appeared to be wearing g strings and tiny bras that barely covered their breasts. And that's all they are. Costumes.

My nearly 5 year old has probably seen worse in tv. She knows that it's a costume and the ladies don't dress like that in real day to day life. She knows behavior displayed in music clips etc is not how people (especially women) should act in real life and the same with the way they dress. It's not how 'real' society expects them to be.
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 17-05-2012 at 21:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Because feminisim is about choice that's how it's related.
    Have you spoken to them? Have they told you how outraged they are? Can they not play football with clothes on. Start a petition, get sponsorship, rally the government, change the law. Yes they can, do they no they dont.

As for the workforce it's not always the case but I admit it happens. But being a man you get called a control freak, a prick and so on.
    But yes it is harder for women I agree.

How many women talk about sexy male football players, how many times are sports people (male) featured in mags not wearing much. How many times are women drooling over their butts and thighs etc.
    It happens on both sides. What people have to understand is the way the human brain works.

I just can't understand feminist. It's like they say "sure go do whatever you want as long as its what I would do too". You have to follow their rules, their logic, their morals, their opinions. Anything that's outside that and you are labelled as brainwashed by society, uneducated, have no self respect etc.
    I just don't get it. Some women like taking their clothes off, some women like doing things you might not like to do. It's life, it's choice it's the very thing you are supposed to stand for.

I know everyone will disagree with me. I'm not a feminist, Im an equalist.
    Nope. I don't disagree at all. I just don't like this is sort of "in your face" sort of stuff that kids pick up in. I'm so obsessed with trying to unsexualise my kids for as long as
    possible so they don't feel the need to take their clothes off at 18 for money and attention like their mother. Anywhooooo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    I would say "because they are entertainers. Remember the ladies at the circus? It's just a costume like they wore". For what it's worth, the ladies in the circus appeared to be wearing g strings and tiny bras that barely covered their breasts. And that's all they are. Costumes.

My nearly 5 year old has probably seen worse in tv. She knows that it's a costume and the ladies don't dress like that in real day to day life. She knows behavior displayed in music clips etc is not how people (especially women) should act in real life and the same with the way they dress. It's not how 'real' society expects them to be.
    I totally understand your reasoning. But I don't agree. Kids don't have the skills maturity to differentiate what 'real' society is/wants/expects.
    Just look at the studies on violent video games and behaviour. It's undeniable.
    I feel the same about music video clips and the sexual nature of 99% of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I totally understand your reasoning. But I don't agree. Kids don't have the skills maturity to differentiate what 'real' society is/wants/expects.
    Just look at the studies on violent video games and behaviour. It's undeniable.
    I feel the same about music video clips and the sexual nature of 99% of them.
    That's fine. But I know my kids and I know their limits and what they can and can't understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And it is American football, the men wear 3/4 tights, sometimes in translucent white. Not the most flattering menswear.
    Feminism is about choice, they choose to play. It is women making a choice in what they are doing for most probably lots of money. And in saying that I don't know because women have chosen to be cheerleaders for a very long time and I'm pretty sure that is for very bad money.
    I have so much more of a problem with working girls in tourist zones such as the Philippines and Thailand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 2girls1boyplus1 View Post
    Ditto..

They're actually pretty fierce sportswomen and it is apparently the highest quality level of american football for women available in America..

I've watched it and don't really care that they're in their undies.
    I don't doubt they are great sportswomen. The sad thing is that women's elite sport is only interesting when they are dressed in panties. I think that says a whole lot.

Yes women ogle NRL footballers. They also wear a uniform, not undies and are revered first and foremost for their sporting prowess. The eye candy is just a bonus.

I also agree feminism is about choice. But that doesn't mean I'm going to buy a family ticket to see women running around in panties with their boobs popping out

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What I'll say to my girls or my son if they asked why they don't have more clothes on??
    Probably the same as when my 6 year old asked why the Moulin Rouge girls have their boobs out. "because that is what they do darling, aren't they beautiful".

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

lilybean  (30-05-2012),SheWarrior  (17-05-2012),trishalishous  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And to be perfectly honest in regards to my kids (and I am ONLY referring to MY kids).... The last thing they really pay attention to is what people are wearing... They are far more interested in what's going on around them.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah but this is the attitude that got us into this highly sexualised youth problem in the first place. I don't care about the grown woman making these choices, I'm worried about the message it sends our kids.
    Dont let your kids watch then??
    I seriously dont know anyone who would take their child to one of those games. Some things are meant for adults, so in that sense maybe there should be age restrictions on who can watch.

And no, nrl players arent wearing only undies, but i'm sure there are a few of us who will admit to imagining them running round in much less.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub