+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rachel ... it's worth contacting head office. One complaint won't make much difference on it's own, but if yours is added to many others it becomes worthwhile and without anyone saying anything nothing will be done! I suspect with the information you've provided they'll probably know who you are talking about.

I found sales people so helpful yesterday when I went to buy my ds some gumboots. He's size 13 and it's a hard size to find. The lady at the first shoe shop had a size 12/13 but she said it was too small and she recommended I try Kmart or Big W. She had served us straight away and she was kind enough to show me why the boots didn't fit, etc and told me where else to go. Very happy. I then tried both, without success (none of his size available) so I went to another kids store (Gumboots) and the sales assistant hunted high & low for me until she found gumboots in his size and we even got a lovely bag to go with them. Very happy. Shopping with kids in tow is hard, but helpful shop assistants make it worthwhile and my ds was thrilled with his bright red gumboots!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I gotta say you ladies are waaay too nice! If someone dares huff at me when I ask for service they get to know about it! I've on more than one occassion offered something like, "Do you like your job?" and they always bark a "Yes" at me so I go on to say, "Well if you want to keep your job I suggest you get a move on and serve me!". I'm not being rude, just being honest. If they then continue I always ask for a manager or a supervisor and complain then. On the flip side, I'll always compliment great sercvice too so it works both ways I guess.

But I agree about online shopping .. I'd rather shop online any day of the week!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

pinkplease3  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was refused assistance to carry a 35kg box out of Aldi today despite being 35 weeks pregnant with my 2 year old in tow.

My complaint letter (which I have to post because they don't have email...) is a corker.

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I was refused assistance to carry a 35kg box out of Aldi today despite being 35 weeks pregnant with my 2 year old in tow.

My complaint letter (which I have to post because they don't have email...) is a corker.
    How rude of them!! What did your letter say?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with myer having terrible customer service. It must be australia wide!!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I remember when you couldn't turn around in Myer without bumping into a sales assistant. Now you have to seek them out, and in a few cases I haven't been able to find one at all and just left.

One time that really irritated me was when I went to get DS3 fitted for shoes. He has little pudding feet and I always need to get him professionally fitted, somthing I used to find Myer were quite good at. A young man served me, and would have sold me a pair of sandals had I not suspected they were too tight across the foot and cottoned onto the fact that he wasn't from children's shoes at all and had no training in fitting them. How on earth can they do that?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in Myer one day looking for some coffee pods I was standing not far from the counter where 3 sales staff were there talking amongst themselves about holidays I made eye contact with them and not one person approached me well they lost a sale and refuse to go back into Myer

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I remember when you couldn't turn around in Myer without bumping into a sales assistant. Now you have to seek them out, and in a few cases I haven't been able to find one at all and just left.

One time that really irritated me was when I went to get DS3 fitted for shoes. He has little pudding feet and I always need to get him professionally fitted, somthing I used to find Myer were quite good at. A young man served me, and would have sold me a pair of sandals had I not suspected they were too tight across the foot and cottoned onto the fact that he wasn't from children's shoes at all and had no training in fitting them. How on earth can they do that?!
    Ooh that's my biggest bugbear with Myer! They just send staff anywhere. They don't even know what's in stock! I asked someone in kitchen appliances if they had a certain appliance in a certain brand, and he went and looked on the shelf and said 'nope doesn't look like it' the other problem is that in the women's department everything is run by concession stands, so if I want to buy something from country road and something from cue, I have to go to 2 different counters. why on earth wouldn't I just go to country road and cue, where the range is bigger, the shop and fitting rooms are nicer and generally the staff a lot nicer. There's no convenience in having all the brands together if you can't buy them all at once.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes most of the time myer staff see you and walk the other way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've recently had a similar experience. It was at our local children's hospital though. I was there for an appointment with my son. I went into the gift store, I really needed change, so I bought my kids a packet of lollies each and handed over a $10 note and asked for the remaining to be in change. The lady, who was a volunteer, made a HUGE deal about it, slammed it in my hand. She then tuned to the other volunteers and loudly scowled "I'm sick of people doing this, I'm ringing up Judy and making a sign, blah blah blah". She carried on like it was the end of the world. I was so mortified and shocked, very angry at her rudeness but also embarrassed about her behaviour. She made me feel like i was an idiot. I bought something for goodness sake. I really wanted to make a complaint about her. It's really sad that people like her volunteer and clearly don't like it, I just don't understand why they bother