+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    I could not agree more.

I went into Myer the other day. Tried to buy something. Couldn't find an open service counter. Every single one I went to on the floor had a sign redirecting me to a different one.

Yet everywhere I shop online manages to offer service to such a level I feel special. Even if it is just a note in the parcel.
    Myer is the worst! I can never find an open counter these days. I always end up putting my things back and leaving out of frustration. And when I do find someone they are rude and act like my asking a question or wanting to be served is a major inconvenience. I've even had some ladies audibly huff.

I've worked in retail and customer service myself, and I can't understand the attitude of some employees towards their customers in some shops.

I mostly buy online as its just so much easier. Going into a store is last resort now.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What's baffling is that face-to-face customer service is the one and only thing that these stores can offer us that the online ones cannot. Bra fitting and cosmetic colour matching are two perfect examples of a service that could keep customers coming through the doors of the big department stores, even if their prices aren't competitive. They complain of record losses, yet they seem to have given up on customer service altogether!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

missybubble  (18-05-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    And fitting kids' shoes. I went into Shoes and Sox this morning and Payless Shoes to buy a pair of shoes for the boy I look after. I wanted to get his shoes properly fitted...

There was 1 saleswoman, about 4 people waiting with questions and she was sitting on the phone behind the counter as though hoping we couldn't see her.

We all walked out at once and I'll definitely be buying his shoes online - at least if they don't fit I can send them back and they'll replace them without a fuss!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was in BigW a month or two ago, it's our local one so I know most of them by face not by name.

There is one lady who makes my blood boil.
    Just rude.. When doing bag checks she never asks and just walks over to your trolly and starts going through your other shopping bags ect..

Any way I had an incident where I had my DD in the trolly, she sufferes bad eczema especially on her face and chest.
    This lady (who is also the manager) came striding over to check my bags, my dd was smiling at her and this lady just says "OH MY GOD, what is wrong with her face? You should really start putting mosquito repellant on her!" She went on "that's horrible you should get cream for that, poor little girl will have to grow up with scars" She said it in such a degrading way that made me feel like I was a bad mother, she spoke to me like I was a 5yo getting in trouble from my mum over some horrible thing I had done.

I walked out furious, I got in the car and cried the whole way home.
    I told my husband when he got home from work and I started crying again when I re-told him the events that happened.

I never filed a complaint, I just made it an effort not to go back there from now on..
    I really wish I did make a complaint! I think it might be a bit late now as this happened about 2 months ago...
    When I pass there I often feel like going back in there and giving this lady an ear full.

It's weird because I'm usually very good at making the effort to pull people up on there costimer service attitude.

But this lady just had me more upset, I was and still am lost for words with what she said.
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 18-05-2012 at 12:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Head office deserves a phone call. Tell them it's taken this long to deal with! That's disgusting behavior !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Head office deserves a phone call. Tell them it's taken this long to deal with! That's disgusting behavior !
    I know... I have a few friends that have had run ins with her..
    She is just on such a high horse!

I don't know her name, only that she is a manager.. I have been meaning to go back in just to get a glimpse at her name tag or calling them up and asking what the managers name is.

I have complained to head offices before with big companies over smaller things, and nothing ever gets done.
    I won't shop there again, I just don't know if contacting head office would just be a waste of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I avoid the big department stores, the service is terrible, too many old bags plastered in makeup & over bearing perfume on massive power trips thinking that they are better than me! No thanks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tootiredtosleep For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (18-05-2012)

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's horrible Rachell, they may not do anything but I think it's worth a try! What a mean b!tch she is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    I know... I have a few friends that have had run ins with her..
    She is just on such a high horse!

I don't know her name, only that she is a manager.. I have been meaning to go back in just to get a glimpse at her name tag or calling them up and asking what the managers name is.

I have complained to head offices before with big companies over smaller things, and nothing ever gets done.
    I won't shop there again, I just don't know if contacting head office would just be a waste of time.
    Please write to the head office. I find a letter is always better than a phone call. That sort of behavior is unacceptable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Rachell, I cant believe she spoke to you like that. I would have cried too.A few weeks ago I was in the Reject shop and the guy behind the counter said "you are so skinny, you need to go home and eat something" I was so mad I couldnt actually think of anything to say so just left as quickly as possible. He said more too but I cant remember what. It was so embarrasing. He was really loud and as I was standing the queue I was hoping I wasnt going to have to go to his counter. Some people really need to think before they speak!
    Last edited by cealz; 18-05-2012 at 13:13. Reason: Cant spell!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast