+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarberry View Post
    Heres one for you....

My husband got me some candles for mothers day and they asked if he wanted it gift wrapped and he said yes. He then dared to ask for a bag to carry it in as he had other shopping to do and they said 'if you get an item wrapped you cant have a bag, you are only allowed one or the other'. LOL. This was a $70 purchase people! The bag are the good old black recyclable ones like at woolies, nothing special!
    Hahaha!!! That's so cheap it's embarrassing!!
    To be a smart *** I would have asked them to unwrap the item and put it in a bag
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 17-05-2012 at 21:44.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (17-05-2012),KillerHeels  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the most frustrating experience at Man-to-man (that sells guys suits etc) when I ordered the ties for the groomsmen in my wedding last year. I ordered them 6 weeks before the wedding and was assured they would be in "in 3 or 4 days max." After I heard nothing for a week, I called them and got "oh, that's strange. No, they'll definitely be here in a couple of days." Which was the same message I got when I called another week later. And then again almost a week after that. So then my other half went in to the store and the girl said "oh, no, those ties are discontinued. We can't get those. Sorry." (!!) So I went into the store a couple of days later (taking a day off work to do so) to get my money back and complain that no-one had told me sooner.

Well, that was where the s**t really hit the fan! The "store manager" went nuts at me for wanting my money back, refused to give it to me, and then said "its not my fault, how can you blame me, its the stockists fault." I said that if the ties weren't available, fine, but someone should have called me immediately and told me, not left it for 3 weeks when I would struggle to get ties for my wedding. Nope, she wasn't having that! Not her problem that no-one had called. Not her fault at all. Which she repeated over and over.

Finally I had enough and walked out. 2 mins later, she called me and said that they had a similar tie available if I wanted to come back and see if it suited. I went back. IT WAS THE TIES THAT I'D ORDERED. They had been there all along. I took the ties and left.

Later that day, I called their head office to complain about her. I got offered my money back but no apology. I refused the money. They couldn't understand that I didn't want the money, what I wanted was acknowledgement that their customer service was cr@p.

Never again will I EVER shop there. Worst. Customer. Service. Ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ugh - I've actually come to hate shopping in actual stores now because in my area - people are just so ignorant and rude...! If you say you're just looking for the moment, when you do want some help they brush you off..! Annoyyyyinggg

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree. I buy mostly online just because I can't deal with rude servicepeople.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    definitely complain to the head office!
    I hate rude service staff (and I WAS service staff for 10 years)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I worked in retail (ladies fashion) for 5 years and giving great customer service was a necessity. I think times have changed for the worse & good old fashioned customer service has gone out the window!

I think a lot of these stores rely on the products 'selling themselves', therefore they don't deem it necessary to make an effort to help people...wrong!

I'm sick of hearing about poor retailers being shafted by the online shopping trend - start treating us like our custom matters and then you will see people return to your stores!

I encourage people to submit written complaints to head offices - they should be notified if their staff aren't doing their job.

I sent a complaint to Wollies after one of their employees treated me like garbage and I got a very genuine apology.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree completely!!!

If I have had bad service once, I don't go back! I'd prefer to go to another store or shop online.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I completely agree, and like ICanDream I also recently had a DJs experience.

I buy Clinique makeup and usually know what to order, but wanted to try a new powder and didn't know which colour to get so I needed to buy it instore. Plus it was Clinique gift time at DJs

So I went in and found an unusually busy counter. I waited about five minutes. I was then served by a non-Clinique sales assistant who knew less about the product than I did, couldn't find any testers, and wanted to just show me the powder inside the container without me trying it on until she realised it was covered by a protective sticker. When I told her I was a "3" in my usual powder she thought that might be fine, but then found they only had three colours in stock, none of which was "3".

I asked could I speak to a Clinique consultant, she said I would have to come back tomorrow. At this point I left and went to Myer.

And department stores wonder why we're buying online? Seriously?

ETA http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-2...-slide/3903172
    Last edited by lambjam; 18-05-2012 at 08:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate it when you go somewhere,and they act like its ssuuuccchhhh a chore to serve you!! Duh!? Its your job,just do it!!I HATE going somewhere and they stand there yakking away while you are waiting to get served!! so rude!
    Last edited by *Chels*; 18-05-2012 at 09:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've worked in retail management, started as a floor sweeping, clothes hanging stock girl.

I noticed the shift in customer service when I moved from my first company to another company, the basic standards weren't taught or even really expected.

I can be a snotty customer, talk on the phone instead of serving me, I'll walk out then complain to head office. I went through a Subway drive through the other week, they were busy, but I sat in the drive through for 5 minutes (clearly visible to the entire staff) without being greeted or informed of a wait, I drove off and called their head office to put in a complaint.

In the same breath, good customer service often has me asking for the manager to compliment their service, or writing to head office. I went to McDonalds Saturday night and there were two girls running the drive through together, they were so smiley and friendly it was infectious and I felt really good about my purchase. I filled out a feedback form online

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

sweetseven  (18-05-2012)