+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Heres one for you....

My husband got me some candles for mothers day and they asked if he wanted it gift wrapped and he said yes. He then dared to ask for a bag to carry it in as he had other shopping to do and they said 'if you get an item wrapped you cant have a bag, you are only allowed one or the other'. LOL. This was a $70 purchase people! The bag are the good old black recyclable ones like at woolies, nothing special!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solarberry For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (17-05-2012),trishalishous  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spent 10 years in retail in various management levels (after working up, mind you!), and I would have been horrified if one of my staff gave that level of customer service and even on my 'bad' days I would never dream of treating a paying customer that way!

I currently work in customer service now but within a branch environment and my theory is if a customer has taken the time to come in and see me then they are deserving of being looked after and have nothing than the best customer service I can offer them.

Therefore I have NO tolerance for bad customer service. And I am quite vocal about it and I have no hesitation in making a scene... My goal is not for the staff member to lose their job, but for them to think twice about who they pi$$ off and appreciate their job because I assure you, there would be 10 other people who would kill for the job.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDiddy For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (18-05-2012),missybubble  (17-05-2012),Mod-Uniquey  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I agree.

Last time I was in Melbourne I went to Myer to buy my dd1 a bath robe, I asked if they had any and I was told yes they did but they wouldn't fit any one as big as me. I was heavily pregnant but still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That sucks biscotti!!

I don't understand why it is so hard to just be nice to people?!? Some people just shouldn't be in customer service.

However, I will say it works both ways - I had a gentleman put his face inches away from mine and snarl "Go away you stupid cow" through gritted teeth when I cheerfully asked him if he would like assistance yesterday. I felt sorry for the rest of my customers who then had to be served by someone who was trying to limit the amount of words they spoke because every word brought me closer to bawling my eyes out.

I WISH he had shopped online instead

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    I agree.

Last time I was in Melbourne I went to Myer to buy my dd1 a bath robe, I asked if they had any and I was told yes they did but they wouldn't fit any one as big as me. I was heavily pregnant but still.
    Omg

Myer are really bad at customer service from my experience. Those women at the beauty department are the worse.
    So is my local big w, they are sooo rude!
    I try to stick to online. Cheaper especially if it's from overseas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stood in our local Harvey Norman with $2,000 cash, waiting to buy a TV. Stood there for 20 minutes, like a loser, waiting. After none of the staff helped me I left and went to Retravision.
    Got a heaps better deal, and a free camera! And the lady greeted me at the door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep bad customer service is everywhere and it sucks. Yay for the online shopping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know well how both sides of the coin work....

I was at a shopping centre for late night shopping and stopped at Michele's patisserie kiosk to get a hot chocolate, two girls were talking behind the counter, both turned and looked at me then continued to talk..
    After a few minutes they moved behind the Michele's Patisserie sign so I could no longer physically see them!! After a few more minutes I walked off and got a yummy hot choc from a lovely man at coffee club.

Also when I was working at JBHiFi in the games department, I got abused from a man because I wouldn't do a trade in for his kids games as he didn't have ID. He kept telling me that he was over 18 ( i kept thinking, well duh, your face is so wrinkled you look like a ball sack...) but I kindly told him that's not the point, it's illegal to sell second hand goods without ID...
    He finally got the picture after the store manager told him off and he did the whole "I'm never coming back here" to which my manager said, "good" LOL...

The next day his wife came in and did the trade in with ID... Lol

It's customers like that make me nice to salespeople!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do they have a head office? Ring and complain!!!! I did when I got disgusting service at red rooster. Area manager rang me and was honest and said thanks for letting us know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Do they have a head office? Ring and complain!!!! I did when I got disgusting service at red rooster. Area manager rang me and was honest and said thanks for letting us know.
    I dont know if this is for me or biscotti BUT:
    I'm thinking about calling the store and head office tomorrow.
    I'm looking for work and feel like saying: if you want them trained in customer service correctly, give me a job!