+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Childcare rebate question

So DD is starting childcare on 5th June and I have requested that the rebate gets paid straight to the centre fortnightly.
    So for those doing the same i'm just wondering how long it takes for the FAO to start this process once she's started childcare?
    Ie, after the first fortnight does it get sent over or does it take them a few weeks to get their act together?

Also, do you pay the full fees to the childcare first and the centre gives you the rebate back or do they trust you that the rebate is coming?

Money's a bit tight right now so I need to plan for this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I run a family day care and asking as all the contracts are filled out correctly and been processed I've never had an issue receiving CCR. HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cntrelink can take a few weeks sometimes...

As for your daycare centre I think they are all different. My centre used to take you at face value if you said you were waiting fora centrelink but a few months ago this changed and now they bill you at the end of the week taking into account only what they have received if centrelink get it wrong then you still have to pay and wait for centrelink to catchup. In my experience once centrelink get it right you are ok everything gets paid as it should. Last year My sister was so far in advance as she didnt realize centrelink paid more for having more than one child in daycare and she got a sizable refund from her centre this took about 10 days.

I would give them a ring and ask them on average how long it takes for them to get paid and if it takes too long what theycwould like you to do as you don't want to get so far behind that they cancel your care then You'd be buggered!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks nelle.
    It's with a good start centre (previously abc) and they have included a direct debit form in the enrollment pack, so I assume I have no choice but to do direct debit?
    I think I will def ask them how it usually works.
    I've been try to call the FAO to ask but its constantly engaged!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm at good start you do not have to do direct debit if you do not want to. But u do have to be two weeks in advance if you choose the other options. They always put the form in there though!
    Ring the centre and ask them if u still have to be two weeks in advance and ask them if they know how long it takes for all the form from fao to go through.
    My centre took me at face value when I first started my dd there as I had to wait a week before I got my first paycheck and they were fine with me paying after that. Just explain the situation they should be more than happy to help you out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's great to hear! Cause I have to wait two weeks for my first pay to come thru!
    I have orientation on Tuesday so will ask them all these money questions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds is in good start. I do direct debit cause it's easier. The ccb and ccr come out and I am only billed for the gap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cntrelink can take a few weeks sometimes...

As for your daycare centre I think they are all different. My centre used to take you at face value if you said you were waiting fora centrelink but a few months ago this changed and now they bill you at the end of the week taking into account only what they have received if centrelink get it wrong then you still have to pay and wait for centrelink to catchup. In my experience once centrelink get it right you are ok everything gets paid as it should. Last year My sister was so far in advance as she didnt realize centrelink paid more for having more than one child in daycare and she got a sizable refund from her centre this took about 10 days.

I would give them a ring and ask them on average how long it takes for them to get paid and if it takes too long what theycwould like you to do as you don't want to get so far behind that they cancel your care then You'd be buggered!!!