+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default just a quick ques re applying for rentals

hi all, we are currently renting atm and have applied for a new property last week through the same real estate agent... they have called df's previous employer and some references etc... but as far as we are aware that is it... I went online today to check to see what else is out and the house that we applied for now says 'under offer' am I right into thinking that this may be a bad sign for us??? aslo what else can I do to improve my application?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is the house you applied for for sale also? If not I'd say that your application is being "processed" and they are letting other potential renters know that there is another party with an application in, so they may look elsewhere. If you have a good record with them I'd say you'll be just fine. I'd call and keep checking so they know ur keen!! Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was it for sale? I thought under offer meant someone has put an offer to buy it.
    Maybe they had it for sale n rent?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tjewell View Post
    Was it for sale? I thought under offer meant someone has put an offer to buy it.
    Maybe they had it for sale n rent?
    Yeah if the house is for sale but the sale not finalised real estates say it is 'under offer'

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    They sometimes write this for rentals too- give them a call to find out what the go is..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi emi,
    If they have gone to the extent of calling your DH reference's then I'd say that they will more than likely offer it to you guys, the only time our references have been check is when we were being approved. Give them a call tomorrow and just enquire about your application, if they do say it's not you guys getting it ask why.

Thanks
    Reviews
    as far as I am aware the house was not for sale too...we put our application in a week ago... would you call them to see whats going on or would leave it be a little longer??? when we got the house we are in now they notified us within 10 days of submitting the application... I don't want to seem too pushy.... im hoping that the fact that we rent through them currently will help us....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluky79 View Post
    Hi emi,
    If they have gone to the extent of calling your DH reference's then I'd say that they will more than likely offer it to you guys, the only time our references have been check is when we were being approved. Give them a call tomorrow and just enquire about your application, if they do say it's not you guys getting it ask why.
    that sounds a bit more promising.... when they approved us for the house we are in now they only called dh's work and didn't bother with any other references... they didn't even check mine... but we did supply written references aswell and we have done the same this time around too....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Definitely ring them, 10 days is way too long and they should have contacted you by now! We check all applications ( unless they are not filled out in full or have all attached references etc) we tell our tenants to allow 3 days , if I was applying I would call/email daily! ( legally we do
    not have to tell you why an application was not approved)

Thanks
    Reviews
    well we found out yesterday that we were not successful in our application... they said ours and a few others went the landlord to choose from and he didn't choose ours,... so we will just keep trying! thanks everyone for your help!